• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Show your BBQ Area

Griddle

20120912_184108.jpg

Hope y'all enjoy as much as I enjoy your playgrounds.

Great job on your project! Looks functional and fantastic!

Do you mind me asking where you picked up that griddle and how much it cost! And how do you like it? I've wanted a big griddle for a while now.

Nice setup live the griddle!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Great job on your project! Looks functional and fantastic!

Do you mind me asking where you picked up that griddle and how much it cost! And how do you like it? I've wanted a big griddle for a while now.

Thanks!

I picked up the griddle from Lowe's. I love it. It cooks for a bunch in no time and clean up is the easiest out of all my bbq equipment.

**Edit**

I just realized you asked for the price as well. I paid $299 out the door after a 10% coupon. They retail for $299 plus Tax so the coupon covered the tax. It also collapses in seconds to take to camping or outdoors and has to side shelves included that also come off easy for transporting/tailgating. Obviously I dont have them attached in the pic.

Thanks!

I picked up the griddle from Lowe's. I love it. It cooks for a bunch in no time and clean up is the easiest out of all my bbq equipment.

**Edit**

I just realized you asked for the price as well. I paid $299 out the door after a 10% coupon. They retail for $299 plus Tax so the coupon covered the tax. It also collapses in seconds to take to camping or outdoors and has to side shelves included that also come off easy for transporting/tailgating. Obviously I dont have them attached in the pic.

So how often do you actually end up using it? Also, when did you pick it up? Does yours have the cast iron burners. The reviews I've read on it makes it sound like they recently changed the design away from cast iron burners and now has a bad problem with hot and cold spots.

p.s. sorry for the thread diversion! Keep those pics coming! This is a great thread, so don't let it die!

So how often do you actually end up using it? Also, when did you pick it up? Does yours have the cast iron burners. The reviews I've read on it makes it sound like they recently changed the design away from cast iron burners and now has a bad problem with hot and cold spots.

p.s. sorry for the thread diversion! Keep those pics coming! This is a great thread, so don't let it die!

To be honest I use it quite a bit. I would say about once a week or so. I don't have the cast iron burners because they did away with those at the end of 2011 and I bought mine in September 2012. I have the stainless steel burners which are good and won't rust sitting outside. It cooks pretty evenly if you ask me and I'm very satisfied with the performance. The hotspots aren't that significant and you can easily control them by playing with the burner controls to get it to exactly how you want it across the griddle. I myself never mess with it and all my food I cooked on it comes out evenly. It burns very hot and I never had to go past medium heat setting. Overall its an excellent product for the money and dont let the burners be a deal breaker. There is an expert review on Lowe's site from a chef and just read that. There are also YouTube videos. Most people on those reviews have no clue about what their talking about. I highly recommend it and if you don't like it you can return it within 90 days.

Sorry guys dont mean to hijack a thread and just helping out a brethren.

This is definitely one of my favorite threads on the site. I guess I need to get organized and throw some pics up myself. Though, mine will be quite humble by comparison to some of the amazing setups contained here. Outstanding, fellas...truly outstanding!

Oh boy, we love a new playground. Keep us updated on your progress as you finish!

My new '95 Blue Performer and '00 Maroon Performer. Scored both of them from CL on the same day. Total cost: $135.00
Oh boy, how I envy you! This is so not fair, there never is any Performer on the local equivalent of CL, and when I find one, it's offered at a ridiculous high price. :sad:

But I'm not gonna give up, a Performer is next on the list to accompany my WSM.

Back