• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Weed burner who has one

I would like to get a weed burner for BBQ and for melting ice...

I know some people swear by harbor freight but what other options are there. I would like one that I can screw the tiny bottle straight into it so I don't have to lug a big tank around

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Mount the tank on a hand truck, all you need is a bungee chord and a small piece of OSB, roll it out roll it back.
Those little bottles are 4 time more expensive than a 20 cylinder.

In some other thread I read that the hoses break a lot with the HF ones, but ya- for 14 bucks, its not that big of a deal.

I would look at if the burner you buy would put out too much btus for the small tank though. I recently hooked up my HF burner to a 1# tank, the use of it chilled the tank and lost pressure. I stupidly hit the turbo lever and apparently the tank had chilled to the point that the liquid came out and a roughly 3-4' fireball lit. Can't say it was my brightest moment, but enough for me to not use the small tank again.

HF.. under 20 bucks.. I have 3.. one in trailer, one in the shed, and the other appears in various locations when i leave it out from some chore.

they are alll going on their 3rd and 4th season.. I've never had one break.. except for the pietzo igniter on the first one.. i stopped buying the ones with the igniter and I keep a lighter tied to the tank on all of them.

I got the HF w/ ignitor. The ignitor lasted one season.

Season three, still on first 5 gallon propane tank, hose in good shape too.

I use it to start a chimney like a side burner, put the chimney in the CG SFB, slide out the ash drawer and put the torch under it.... 5 minutes to get it going with no newspaper etc....

I use it to start the fireplace, stack the fire wood with some smaller pieces on the bottom....

I use it to start the UDS, no need to take the charcoal basket out, just open the vents and hit a spot with the torch, best UDS accessory ever.

To be different, I suggest this:
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Dual-Turbo-Propane-Torch-Kit/dp/B0000AXEFW/ref=sr_1_23?ie=UTF8&qid=1360562801&sr=8-23&keywords=propane+weed+burner"]Dual Turbo Propane Torch Kit - 1, 125, 000 BTU - Amazon.com[/ame]

Nothin sez bada$$ like a twin-nozzle!

Seriously though, the HF one works quite well. Bought the non-igniter one a few years back and it's an awesome tool. No more putzing around with firestarters, newspaper, oil + paper towels, etc. Plus its so much fun to use.

Bought a HF myself saturday night. Used it sunday morning to get things rolling for PP. MAN is this thing fun to use!

I have the BernzOmatic JT850 Self-Igniting Outdoor Torch and love it. I got it at Lowes for around $30. You can also find them on Amazon as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got a BernzOmatic JT850 today, it's perfect for lighting charcoal.

Sent from my Android phone.

I would look at if the burner you buy would put out too much btus for the small tank though. I recently hooked up my HF burner to a 1# tank, the use of it chilled the tank and lost pressure. I stupidly hit the turbo lever and apparently the tank had chilled to the point that the liquid came out and a roughly 3-4' fireball lit. Can't say it was my brightest moment, but enough for me to not use the small tank again.

A 3 to 4' fireball huh? Well did it light what you needed lit?

Your just down the road from me..

A 3 to 4' fireball huh? Well did it light what you needed lit?

Your just down the road from me..

Unfortunately, no, as it was gone too quickly. Though I did borrow a regular tank tonight and got my two small raised gardens burnt down in preparation for this years peppers and tomatoes.

Back