• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

World Food Championships

Looks really interesting. Do we know if KCBS is signed on?

I would think so, this is an MMA project.

Maybe mma is doing a KCBS competitor series and just didn't tell anyone at KCBS. I mean, they would do a competitor series event, right? They shouldn't just 'sanction' it themselves when they work with KCBS on our marketing?

Wish I knew about this before I already had my schedule in place for 3+ months...

Refresh my memory why I should be a KCBS member again...

I find it strange that, for NEBS, Grillin' on the Bay would be the automatic qualifier. Not to take anything away from that comp, but there are far bigger comps taking place in NY. It's not even part of the Empire State Championship Series... I guess we'll have to focus on Lake Placid this year (and cross our fingers that cancersuckschicago.com takes a year off) :razz:

Interesting that this event is scheduled to take place 11/1-11/4. One of the qualifying KCBS competitions, The National BBQ Cup in Cumming, GA, will not take place until 11/16-17.

Interesting that this event is scheduled to take place 11/1-11/4. One of the qualifying KCBS competitions, The National BBQ Cup in Cumming, GA, will not take place until 11/16-17.

2011's GC in that case

This is an awfully ambitious and broad spectrum-ed project to be ramping on such short notice.

This is an awfully ambitious and broad spectrum-ed project to be ramping on such short notice.

$300k total prize pool too, will be interesting to see how it plays out

4 teams from fl already in and the fifth contest is nearly full. Wonder if they'll load cookers into one trailer and all go. They also rank pretty high in the national BBQ rankings right now.

Woo Hoo!!! A pass down plan in place! Just so you know, this is a totally personal post since I'm the RGC at Jeff City. Maybe Pig Skin will go as Swine Assassins and I'll get a tap to go???

KCBS rules and judging methods will be used. It's my understanding that sanctioning as a competitor series will be sought. I don't know how chili will be judged or any of the other categories -- but it makes sense to me (and only to me) that it'd be simpler to use the same rules throughout, so that all contestants are on the same page.

This is my opinion and my opinion only -- not reflective of anybody or anything at KCBS...

new Englanders only grill they dont bbbq pfffffffft

Yeah, I've heard that

Champs.jpg

Woo Hoo!!! A pass down plan in place! Just so you know, this is a totally personal post since I'm the RGC at Jeff City. Maybe Pig Skin will go as Swine Assassins and I'll get a tap to go???

KCBS rules and judging methods will be used. It's my understanding that sanctioning as a competitor series will be sought. I don't know how chili will be judged or any of the other categories -- but it makes sense to me (and only to me) that it'd be simpler to use the same rules throughout, so that all contestants are on the same page.

This is my opinion and my opinion only -- not reflective of anybody or anything at KCBS...

Congrats on your RGC Candy Sue! Hope you get to go to Vegas.

No doubt... look how young we were....

Upon investigation of this site, it looks like MMA or its clone marketing department is running the whole thing. So of course KCBS knows about it. It also has a pass down feature if the grand champion from one of the listed events can't make it, then the reserve gets the invite. I know that champions from three good Louisiana contests gets invited!

Back