FIRST EVER: Biscuits and Gravy Fatty with PRON

Three porks

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I think....?

OK so I've been contemplating this idea since the last time I made a fatty.

I present to you the "Biscuits and Gravy Fatty". This is by far my favorite breakfast dish followed closely to Eggs Benedict. I figured why not make it into a fatty. This may not be the prettiest but it tastes great!

I've searched the site and couldn't find that anybody has ever tried this so I figured what the hell.

Sausage: 2 Jimmy Dean Regular logs lightly rubbed with my own pork rub and lots of fresh sage.
Gravy: Heavy whipping cream, milk, half a log of JD, red pepper flake, lots of salt, pepper and thickened with corn starch.
Biscuit: Grands with butter

1. Made gravy extra thick to help remain in the log during cook.
2. Rolled out the JD into a large rectangle, applied light rub
3. Rolled the fatty with 2 cups of the gravy
4. Smoked at approx 300 for 2 hrs, foiled last 30 mins to collect juices(for making more gravy)
5. Rolled out grands into a large rectangle and carefully wrapped the fatty.
6. Baked at 350F for 25 mins
7. Slice and enjoy

I make some pretty good gravy but when the smoked juices of the meat mixes with the gravy............mmmmmm it's so farking good.

I will continue and try to make this more presentable, but for now I'm happy with the results. I wasn't even sure it would work so now I can tweak.

My wife thought I was an idiot for trying but when everything was done, she had thirds....go figure.

Thanks for looking,

Jon

Last edited:
Very cool ... looks utterly delicious.

But! The biscuit is on the outside! How about calling this a Fatty Wellington? :idea:

two porks, you are the MAN! that is the most inventive fatty, i think i've seen yet! very creative!!!!!

Great idea. Thanks for sharing with us and thanks for the photos. Wow!

You know maybe I should call the Hot Pocket Company......??? It looks like a hot pocket on steroids. LOL

julia childs did something like that but with a dang tenderloin.. Forgot what its called.. Any way. im likin that alot. Think i have an idea for next weeks breakfast

Its times like these that make me proud to be a brethren.... (Pan to a single tear in my eye as it slowly rolls down my cheek)

You should be proud. Fatty wellington with sausage gravy !! gotta make one of those

Back