Sunday Brisket...A Play-By-Play...

What temps were your briskets when you put them on the egg? I could be wrong, but I think the smoke ring actually is more of a chemical reaction with the colder meat and not actually from the smoke per se. So if the meat is really cold when you put it on, then you will get a good ring.

I usually get one like this or just little bigger from my BGE

kobe.jpg

I get smoke rings on my Grill Dome, but occasionally have issues with dryness. I used an electric cake smoker last week at my brother-in-laws and injected for the first time with a mixture of apple juice, Worcestershire, and beef stock. It turned out very well and was moist, but not much or a ring. I paid $5.99/lb which may be a record. But in Key West, that is is the price. And of course, no pron, so....

What temps were your briskets when you put them on the egg? I could be wrong, but I think the smoke ring actually is more of a chemical reaction with the colder meat and not actually from the smoke per se. So if the meat is really cold when you put it on, then you will get a good ring.

I usually get one like this or just little bigger from my BGE

kobe.jpg

It came right out of the fridge (3 hour marinade after injecting)...rubbed up...and in to the BGE at 220 degrees. I'm not as much concerned about a smoke ring as I am flavor...it just LOOKS cool! :p:lol:

looks like you are making progress....won't be long before you are an expert....T

looks like you are making progress....won't be long before you are an expert....T

Give me a few years and a few walks...then I'll puff up a little! :twisted: Until then I'll just keep pluggin' away to to the best brisket flats in town! :p

John, that looks great! It looked really juicy!
I think you should do it on the UDS next time!! of course I'm a little biased! LOL!
Did you ever try those wine barrel chips that Brian had?

John, that looks great! It looked really juicy!
I think you should do it on the UDS next time!! of course I'm a little biased! LOL!
Did you ever try those wine barrel chips that Brian had?

Thanks bro...yep...I used the oak barrel chunks...great for brisket. I like the BGE for flats...it seems to have a better heat distribution that surrounds the meat as opposed to a direct heat from the UDS...IMHO! :biggrin: How goes the home stead?

Dry wall this week, 5 out of 14 homes...
looking at June finish date....I'm not holding my breath!!! LOL!!

Back