A virgin no more

J

Jack2u2

Got a 14lb. packer (which was cut so it was mostly the flat), put on the rub and fired up the drum. Injected the brisket with a mixture of beef broth, worchestire, kitchen bouquet, garlic and onion. Just got the thermometer for the drum today, so this is the first meat in! Have a butterflied pork butt to throw on later.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 139
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 138
keep the pics comming! I'm going to bed! When I wake up, it should just be about finishing time! LOL!

Looking good. Keep the pics coming. It's pouring here today so I can't fire up the new drum. Hopefully I'll be able to break mine in tomorrow.

Beautiful lookikng brisket. Haven't heard of Kitchen Bouquet since my long departed dear mom used it in her turkey gravy. What temp are you maintaining.>

Beautiful lookikng brisket. Haven't heard of Kitchen Bouquet since my long departed dear mom used it in her turkey gravy. What temp are you maintaining.>

I always keep a bottle of Kithen Bouquet in the pantry. I brush it on roasts before searing, and you can't gravy without a splash or two mixed in.

Hello! we need updates. Don't you know this is a virtual cook for some of us! Hope it's going well.

Brisket is at 155. Butterflied pork butt has only been about 1/2 hour. Drum is holding at 210. Couldn't find any lump. the local WM doesn't have their stuff back out yet, and all I could get was charcoal:mad:. Got to find a supply and stock up. Shooting for dinner at 5:30. Also have brown sugar coated bacon(semi-pig candy)wrapped chicken nuggets that are going on about 12 for a snack while everything finishes up.
The brisket took up the drum (don't have my second grate,yet) so I have the pork in my "overpriced hot box":wink:. Pretty sure it'll turn out OK!
I'll follow up when all is done.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 53
Appetizers ready to go on. Bacon wrapped chicken nuggets. Also have a picture of "stoner Rob", for those of you who remember him. He is also known as "parkhostrob" on this forum. You can tell he's upset about the last picture, but he does look better than the last time!!!

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 39
Back