CyberQ WiFi Web Service Info (Super Nerdy)

I've downloaded the updated app, but now it can't connect to my guru.

I login and it takes me to connection settings. with a blank device address field and port.

I enter my address as a *.dyndns.org address and port 80..

Then I hit enter (or continue...) And I get an alert telling me to "Please configure your WiFi Guru using Settings"

So I go into WiFi Setup under settings, and none of the boxes will let me enter any data.

I think at this point being you are in set-up mode you need to put the IP address as it is assigned to the router. Once it is recognized by the router you set-up port-forwarding so that when an outside port call comes in the router will direct the call to the proper VPN IP address. dyndns.org or afraid.org will direct domain name calls to your web IP address via their name servers.

Pkkiaser- you PM me but your acct here has PM turn off. Turn it on and PM me again. I may have your solution.

I can't wait to get one of these. This thing looks awesome but does this thing run ok in cold weather. Say 30 degrees

Yeah, it's sort of okay at that temp - but that's as cold as I'd go, and I'd try to make sure the unit was close to the bbq to get a bit of heat...
At that temperature, the screen is very slow to respond...

Guys - I'm looking for assistance with connecting my CyberQ Wifi:

-It connects (ad hoc) to my old Windows vista laptop
-It does not connect (ad hoc) to:
-Windows 8 laptop
-iPad w/ iOS7

-It connects (infra) to my work router/network (WPA)
-It does not connect (infra) to my home router/network (WPA2-AES)

I can only manipulate the unit with my old laptop but I tried and tried to connect it to anything else with no results.

tl;dr:
Before I spend fruitless money on an IT service call I'm wondering if there is a compatibility issue with newer PC's/tablets/routers? Works on Vista but doesn't work on Win8 or iOS7.

Thanks!

It worked on my Windows 8 PC and Windows rt on my surface. I upgraded to 8.1 and it works on both again. It also works on my windows 8 GRD3 phone. I did buy a new home router when I first bought it so that I could do port forwarding...

Damian with nuwave helped me out. He had my change the static ip to something that jived with the ipad and I followed his steps to get infra going as well. I think I was selecting the wrong security type: WPA, Auto, Phrase worked with my router.

Got port forwarding done too and I'm good to go now! Plan to do pulled beef (couple of chuck roasts) tomorrow from work.

Back