View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 02:51 PM   #1
Beast Drinker
Full Fledged Farker

Default Have I been a hot fast guy all along?

Now that I've done enough research to know that there actually is such a thing as hot and fast and low and slow, and that depending on who you ask, they both work just fine.

Case in point, MOST of my Q experience is actually using a kettle, I've owned the first one I bought for 10 years and , I love the WSM, but I accidentally did a hot fast cook a couple weeks ago, when I way overthought the cook and planned for blustery weather and fighting the wind to keep it warm enough Didn't happen. The Brisket wasn't what I planned on it being didn't have any leftovers though. But the more and more I think about it I prefer my bones when I cook them indirect on the kettle, I can turn out a nice butt on the kettle, turkey... whatever. at Higher than the low and slow WSM temps. I think I'm gonna start trying some new things with the WSM, like running Popdaddy's minimum of 270 temp... Chuckie and beans in NOW.... Lemme see if I can run with this. Funny how sometimes you need somebody else to remind you that you already know how to do something.
18" Weber OTS aka #1, Smokey Joe gold, 18" WSM, dirt late model
Beast Drinker is offline   Reply With Quote