Bludawg's H-n-F method...what temp at wrap?

GrillsGoneWild

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I see the directions are to wrap after 4 hours for a 12/lb brisket, but what is the internal temp at that time so this can be adapted to a smaller or larger brisket?

I'm figuring it is probably during the stall and when the color gets right but was trying to see what the temp may be as I know the stall us usually higher point on a H-n-F cook.

WRAP IT AFTER 4 HRS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't read stuff that aint there. Weight don't matter but I normally cook 12-15 lbers

Do you see a thermometer in this meat???? WRAP after 4 HRS
DSCF0016_v1.jpg

Cooking Brisket at higher than 225 is the STUPIDEST **** I ever heard. Unless you want shoe leather.

Its called "Low and slow" for a reason.

Also, the PBC is nothing but an smaller UDS.

So your saying that if I cook above or below 225 that I'll be making Jerky??? But I like jerky:sad:

So your saying that if I cook above or below 225 that I'll be making Jerky??? But I like jerky:sad:

yes.... that's exactly what I am saying! If you are not spending hours upon hours of slowly exposing meat to really, really low temperatures its just simply not BBQ!

I see a few more filtering in dawg

and also..... the only proper way to cook a brisket is to wait until the next day and poke it with your therm and it always is done at 205.

okay, now there are 7 n here

Anyone who says low n slow is the only way just doesn't know what they are talking about. I cook at 300 and get extremely good results. In fact most people who do competitions are cooking at 275-350.

T is just messing with everybody. That's what he does:grin: hang around....he's very entertaining.

Anyone who says low n slow is the only way just doesn't know what they are talking about. I cook at 300 and get extremely good results. In fact most people who do competitions are cooking at 275-350.

Cody.... I say low and slow is only way to go! I challenge you to find one smidgen of internet video evidence that shows otherwise. 260 to 300 degrees... anyone cooking in that range is outta their head!

I would disagree with this statement

Well at least the semi intelligent ones that want to win consistently are. The BBQ Comps are drinkin contests are in the other crowd; the longer it takes the more I can drink.

No one ever won a BBQ competition using Hot and Fast. Notice no one could find any evidence of anyone on say, youtube, that cooks at say... 270 or so.

I bet no one can name anyone that wins BBQ cook offs using any temp above 250.

No one could dare post a list.... I mean how do you post ... no one!

I have been away longer than I thought Blu

No one ever won a BBQ competition using Hot and Fast. Notice no one could find any evidence of anyone on say, youtube, that cooks at say... 270 or so.

I bet no one can name anyone that wins BBQ cook offs using any temp above 250.

No one could dare post a list.... I mean how do you post ... no one!

I have been away longer than I thought Blu

How about that old, crotchety, dude? (other than you)

Back