ordered a cyber q and got a dx ..

grantw

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Ordered a cyber q 2 , opened up the shipping box and they sent a dx2 instead , bumber :mad: I was looking forward to some pc capabilities. Is this a sign that i overkilled it in the first place? Do i take abit of a refund and keep this one?

Yep, send it back, endure the headaches of getting the CyberQ connected to your home network. and then ENJOY monitoring and tinkering with your cooks from afar.

get what you paid for... there is prob someone who opened their box expecting to find a DX & got a Q

No problems with the DXII here but definitely get what you want.

I have a DXII. There is no need to monitor it IMO. Set it and forget it.

I have a DXII. There is no need to monitor it IMO. Set it and forget it.
This is my view. The cyber aspect makes zero sense to me. Set the temp and go away, what's the point in monitoring it? If you have to monitor the temp WITH a guru, you need a new pit lol.

But as others have said, get what you want for sure.

The thing is i can usually walk away from any of my smokers and know about what it will do with just the vents anyway thts why i wanted a second opinion, save some cash and keep this one, wich im very impressed with how well the unit is built so its not a complete dissapointment. I have a brisket to do tonight i guess ill decide by then

Love my CyberQ......

I'm just nerdy like that though!!!:thumb:

Back