Tonight's Brisket Burgers

BBQ Grail

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I've been wanting to give brisket burgers a try since first seeing them a couple of weeks ago on the forum. I think I'm pretty much hooked.

It's a lot of work, but the flavor is awesome.

So here's the story in pictures (and a few words):

Started with a nice 10lb whole packer. It had a nice fat cap and would have been pretty nice to have smoked this baby.
brisket-burger_whole-packer.jpg

I trimmed almost all of the fat off. The brisket had some nice marbling so I didn't add any of the fat back into the meat. I did how ever grind a pound of apple smoked bacon into the meat during the second grind.

All I have is the grinding attachment that goes on my Kitchenaide Stand Mixer. I don't have anything to compare it with, but I think it worked pretty good. It's not quick and if I were to do this more often I'd problem want something that holds a little more meat.
brisket-burger_grinding.jpg

Here it is after two grinds. One course and the second one fine. It's got a nice texture and formed patties very nice.

I learned that I need to make sure the bacon is really cold or partially frozen. It got pretty gummy towards the end.
brisket-burger_ground.jpg

Made up 12 patties for tonight's dinner and froze another 12 for later.
brisket-burger_patties.jpg

Used the 26 inch Weber One Touch Gold Kettle (of course). They sure look good, don't they.
brisket-burger_grilling.jpg

brisket-burger_grilled-patty.jpg

And here's the money shot. Two of the quests sure seemed to enjoy the meal...
brisket-burger_eating.jpg

Those look great! Did you see my new q to go with the Bandera? I posted it tonight!

Larry in Roseville!

Looks good, Larry. I like ground brisket myself, but don't take the time to do it often. Nice job with yours -

Nice looking burgers Larry, although your female guest didnt look too happy in that pic... :mrgreen:

Dude! Those are the shizz, nice burgers. You must really like your friends :)

Great looking burgers....I agree with Mike she had that look in her eyes like, you snap that picture Larry and I'm gonna punch you out...LOL

Bravo, larry! What kind of burger would it compare to? 80/20, 90/10? Wondering...Mrs tx says my azz is still too fat to eat anything TOO fatty.

Bravo, larry! What kind of burger would it compare to? 80/20, 90/10? Wondering...Mrs tx says my azz is still too fat to eat anything TOO fatty.

Maybe 95/5! Mrs Tx might let you eat one of these.

Hum.. must have misplaced my invitation to dinner.... those burgers look great!

Back