• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Contest Announcment Fenton Michigan Jinglefest Chili Cookoff

Bbq Bubba

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Hello Folks, below is the information on the Fenton Jinglefest Cookoff. The GLBBQA has been asked to help get this arranged and setup and we will also be vending as well. If you cannot make the chili cookoff and would like to help us Vend Chili and a few other items please let us know. We will have even more information later this week.

Jinglefest Chili Cookoff
Registration Information
December 6,2008

If you love making chili, having a ton of fun and winning prize money, come on down to the Fenton Jinglefest Chili Cookoff on December 6 from 11:00am to 3:00PM. First Place wins $200.00, Second Place $75.00, and Third Place $25.00

To register please complete the following information:

Head Chili Head: __________________________________________________ _______

Chili Name: __________________________________________________ ___________

Address: __________________________________________________ ______________
__________________________________________________ ______________
__________________________________________________ ______________

Phone Number: (H) _________________ (C) ___________________

Make a copy of this and deliver or mail your $25 entry fee (Cash or Check) to: “The Fenton Community and Cultural Center” office at: 150 S Leroy St. Fenton, Michigan 48430, or drop off this registration form with entry fee at Beale Street Smokehouse BBQ

Entry Rules and Requirements

1) All chili must be cooked from scratch on site. Teams are responsible for supplying their own ingredients, cooking devices,tables,coolers,tents,serving utensils, etc.
2) Each team will be provided a space of approx. 12’ X 12’ and should be set up by 10:15am. You will be required to attend a cooks meeting at 10:30am, cooking begins at 11:00am with turn in for judging due between 2:30 and 3:00pm.
3) Whatever you call chili we call chili!! Your chili may or may not contain meat, may or may not contain beans, may be red, white or any other color.
4) Only 1 entry allowed per Team.
5) Your entry will be judged in the following categories: Aroma,Appearance,Consistency,Tast and After Taste. The WINNING CHILI must rate well in all categories and achieve the highest overall score.

For questions contact Kim Hicks at Beale Street Smokehouse BBQ at 810-750-0507

Wish I was up there maybe Bull could make mine and enter it just to see how well it does.

Umm, Roger,
let me review my postings again :)

Also,
there will be a "get together" at the Beale Street Smokehouse after the event. Live band that night.

Scott

Well, somebody pulled his head out of a drum and speaks!
Theres a whole lot more Michigan members here, lets see some more action, this will be fun. Even though its being held outside there is alcohol involved afterwards (officially).

Scott

Where's all our Michigan Brethren Bro's? Its a first year event and we could use some support.

Scott

1 1/2 weeks to go how many has signed up>>>>>>>>>>>

4 signed up, 4-5 coming, a few maybes, hoping for about 10. :biggrin:

For those not wanting to cook chili, the GLBBQA will be vending chili, sausage and hotdogs so join us for the festivities and a good time!

Sorry Steve, I have a steelhead tourney that day on the St Joe river.Biggest river tourney of the year, can't miss it. Maybe next event.:wink:

Entries are slow in coming, hopefully when the weather forcast comes out and it is good that will encourage some.
Everything else is going pretty smooth, should be fun.

Scott

Where is Fenton Michigan at ???? Some of from out of country are not sure .

Jules

Back