Competition Brisket

Jacked UP BBQ

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
What is the best part of brisket to slice from. I have done both and the point always seems to have much better meat. Any suggestions would be great. thanks:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

I don't do slices I do chipped/pulled from the point only. Slices are overated

Pig I would try and get cubes out of the point for Burnt ends. I would take slices from the flat. Not sure if this is what you are asking. I do prefer the flavor of the point. Burnt ends are my favorite

That is basically what I am asking, The point is so much better, but for comp norm they want those sliced flats.

Last edited:
We turn in slices from the flat and if we can get the burnt ends perfect we put them in the box as well. I would say half the time we get the burnt ends in the box with the slices. I havent seen any difference in scores either way, but i dont think I would ever turn in a box without slices. Brisket is by far our best category, now can someone tell me how to cook chicken and ribs.

I'm no comp veteran or anything, but I did slices from the flat and sauced cubes from the point. 5th place in my only comp to date.
resizedbrisketentry.jpg

Back