• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Montreal Smoked Meat

expatpig

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Not sure if I would call it Montreal Smoked Meat, Pastrami or NOBStrami, but it was delicious. Brine cured a 12lb brisket for 4days,rubbed with spices, and smoked it in the UDS for 8hrs, quick chilled it and let it rest overnight in the fridge. I steamed it for 4hrs on a rack in a covered roasting pan. Served on homemade rye with home made mustard. oooo sooo good!

Attachments

• 100_1696.jpg
    100_1696.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 217
  • 100_1701.jpg
    100_1701.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 216
Looks like it would be tasty. A local joint has "Montreal beef" on the menu and it is pretty good - corned beef kissed by the smoke rather than pastrami...definitely worth trying. Thanks for sharing.

Looks like it would be tasty. A local joint has "Montreal beef" on the menu and it is pretty good - corned beef kissed by the smoke rather than pastrami...definitely worth trying. Thanks for sharing.
Probably because of all of the Quebecois snowbirds in FL. Do they also serve "poutine"?

That is a good looking sandwich, some poutine would hit the spot with that too.

Schwartz's in Montreal uses the small pieces and chop to make a smoked meat poutine.

Very nice! makes me wanna sing the Canadian national anthem. Thought I don't know anything past "our home and native land"

Back