My (not-so) Ugly Drum Smoker.

hav

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Thanks to all of you who have put-up such great ideas, descriptions and photos for all of the Brethren’s Brother & Sister-hood.

I definitely want to thank Norcoredneck, N8man, Bigmista & of course my team members Butts-n-gutts & Mad Max who although 700 miles away have helped me build this thing.

Oh, and how could I forget jgh1204 for starting that ridiculously long (over 1500 replies and viewed over 137 thousand times) thread, darn thing took me 3 weeks on and off to read!

Here are some photos and a couple of videos, the drum was purchased new, unlined from www.newpig.com. There was no way I would have found the time to do a burn and grind, not with my job and 4 year old girl, so I had to cheat a little. Everything else, I purchased one or two at a time over the course of 3 weeks. Finally assembled and put to good use last night.

I can’t believe how well this thing keeps the heat! I slept last night with an open ear but never had to go outside to adjust anything until this morning, I opened all 3 vents and it allowed the Butt to get to 192°.

On to the Pics and yes, pron at the end. I will update with a Pulled Pork Picture later today.

DSC04262_Lo_Lo_Res.jpg

DSC04263_Lo_Lo_Res.jpg

DSC04264_Lo_Lo_Res.jpg

DSC04266_Lo_Lo_Res.jpg

DSC04272_Lo_Lo_Res.jpg

DSC04273_Lo_Lo_Res.jpg

DSC04277_Lo_Lo_Res.jpg

DSC04358_Lo_Lo_Res.jpg

DSC04361_Lo_Lo_Res.jpg

Thanks again!

Finished Product PRON!

DSC04364.jpg

YES!

DSC04366.jpg

Last edited:
I love it! Great job. I especially like the clamp on the band. I wish I'd thought of that, now I'm going to be using my kettle top.

The meat looks awesome...

Welcome to the drum corp!

I love it! Great job. I especially like the clamp on the band. I wish I'd thought of that, now I'm going to be using my kettle top.

The meat looks awesome...

Welcome to the drum corp!

Borrowed :oops: the Clamp Idea from N8man (I can't find the posting) he used a metal C-Clamp.

I thought the Quick Grip would be quicker on and off.

Nice looking drum and great job on the multimedia presentation!

Great job on the UDS, Bro. That looks like a UDS with an options package. Especially, like the ez clamp on the cover. :eusa_clap
Do you have a name for it, yet?

Awesome job on the drum!! Ditto on the butt. You got me wanting to take a pack out of the freezer for a sammie now.

Awesome job on the drum!! Ditto on the butt. You got me wanting to take a pack out of the freezer for a sammie now.

Thanks, I vac-u-sealed my left overs for the future snack attack!

Nice job! I am off to the outside to see if my Weber lid will fit with my band like that.

welcome to the wonderful world of a drumhead. great loooking drum and the food is looking outstanding. thanks for the idea with the band and clamp i will use that one. thanks again. smoke on Bro:wink::cool:

Back