CyberQ WiFi Web Service Info (Super Nerdy)

cant wait for the app that appdesigngeeks are going to releas for the Cyber Wifi. it looks cool you will be able to set and see you pit temp and see a graph of the probs and pit to see the temp of a certain time period. i saw the screen shots and it looks awsome

Bobby,
What I wanted was to be notified if the pit temp fell below or rose above a given value. So, If I enter 25 and I set my pit temp to 225 an alarm will be triggered at 199 or if the pit temp rises above 250. So essentially there is a range between 200-250, above or below that the alarm will sound. Does that work for you?

Yeah -- that sounds perfect! Thanks for writing and working on this (and taking suggestions from the forum).

As I say, I used it last weekend to monitor a couple cooks, and it worked perfectly. No issues at all!

I also did a run last weekend. Set up my laptop with the software. Did a 14lb. brisket took 16 hours. Then add 4 slabs of spare ribs and 12 leg quarters. Ran pit and software for a total of 18 hrs. With NO problems. Love the software. I fell like a 5 year old on X-mas day . Cant wait for update. “ Where there smoke there not fire just great BBQ”

I'm also looking forward to see an iOS app coming out to support the WiFi. I'm going to be in the market soon and this might be the deciding factor. Would be good to see something coming out for OS X as well.

BBQ App for iPhone Ready for Testers

Hi Everyone,

If anyone is interested in testing out the BBQ Remote App for Iphone or Ipad please send me an email or reply to this post and I can send you a link to download the app. I will need your UDID before I can send you the link.

Any questions please contact me

Thank You

This app that appdesigngeeks put for CyberQ wifi is awsome. They gave me an early version the other day, and I smoked some pork for pulled pork for dinner tonight and it worked awsome setup and configuration was easy. the ease of app though in test was good.. iwhile i was cooking the pork i had to run to the store to pick a few extra things up i was able to adjust the temps on the fly and see the temps of the food and the pit. People that have the cyberq wifi should get this app when when its released. it will be worth it

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait for an Android app to come out for the CyberQ. You guys are doing a great job writing these programs. Keep up the good work.

BBQ App for iPhone Ready for Download

Hi Everyone,

Here is the link to download the BBQ Remote App for iPhone.

http://appdesigngeeks.com/bbqguru/bbqremote.html

If you are interested in testing the app and providing some feedback please send me your UDID information.

Please contact me if you have any questions or issues.

Thank You

I am new cyberq user and just catching up on this thread.
I plan on giving this a try.
Please add to your todo list the ability to connect to another port. I have multiple web servers behind my router so I will be forwarding something like 8080 to the cyberq

So does this mean the new firmware release is official and out of beta?
I think its official because I called BBQ Guru today and asked about the firmware update and they said they would email it to me sometime today. The lady I spoke with said they were at a competition currently and most likely just didn't get around to posting it on the website quite yet.

I am trying to update my firmware. I am using OSX 10.6.8 b/c my PC is not set up for WIFI (hardwired). When using Terminal, I keep getting "tftp: tcboot.bin: No such file or directory". I am sure I do not have the files in the right location on the mac but I don't know where to put them so TERMINAL can see them. Any thoughts?

Nevermind. I got it. Needed to be housed in the USER folder.

Anyway - now I cannot get via infrastructure. Was working fine before the firmware 1.1 update. I completely rebooted the device. Connected via adhoc and set up for infrastructure but it will not connect. Making me mental.

Nevermind again! I got had to reboot my P.O.S router from verizon.

Last edited:
Nevermind. I got it. Needed to be housed in the USER folder.

Anyway - now I cannot get via infrastructure. Was working fine before the firmware 1.1 update. I completely rebooted the device. Connected via adhoc and set up for infrastructure but it will not connect. Making me mental.
I know for me, port 80 was blocked by ISP. Contacted Damien (GURU Software developer) and he helped me to go to unblocked ports (8080) Type ip address:8080. I also noticed that when typing the ip address, I had to also include the total address like, http://192.168.1.XXX:8080. Maybe this is your issue not sure. If not, Damien was a huge help. Good luck

Well once I got it all in, I ran the GURU today with the new firmware. The speed improvement is truly remarkable. I am thrilled with the new firmware so far.

Received my Cyber Q last week and am looking forward to getting it set up. This technical thread scared me but my neighbor is a techies and will work for beers and Q, so his price is right. Look reward to seeing an Android app!

Back