• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Smoked Meatloaf

loco_engr

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Leftover ground beef from Wifies Chili, some 80-20% & 2 hamburger patties
of 90-10%, app. 1 & 1/2# total. Used Lysanders ML mix, 'cept sub'd oatmeal
for bread crumbs and added diced green peppers.

Pretty dang good for who it was for! :laugh::laugh:

Attachments

• Nov 3 Meatloaf a.jpg
    Nov 3 Meatloaf a.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 210
I did a smoke meatloaf tonight, too. I love smoked meatloaf.

CD

Looks like meatloaf was pretty popular today. I did one today too.

Must be the season for smoked meatloaf. Good "stick to the ribs" kind of food. Great "comfort food."

CD

Meatloaf is one of my favorites too. Yours looks great!

I love meatloaf, but have never smoked one. Someone want to post up the procedures?

Step 1, Make your favorite meatloaf recipe
Step 2, Smoke it till it's done, varies by size and temp cooked at, use a mild wood as ground beef can soak some smoke up.
Step 3, Eat the best meatloaf you have ever made

Pretty simple. I have always liked meatloaf, my mothers, my aunts but smoking them is amazing

Step 1, Make your favorite meatloaf recipe
Step 2, Smoke it till it's done, varies by size and temp cooked at, use a mild wood as ground beef can soak some smoke up.
Step 3, Eat the best meatloaf you have ever made

Pretty simple. I have always liked meatloaf, my mothers, my aunts but smoking them is amazing
I guess I'm looking for a definition of "done". Is it "done" by temperature, and if so what is it? Ground beef is notorious for ecoli....

Mine is done by temperature. Ground beef is 160 IT, some may say to pull at 155 or 150 due to them continuing to cook but I don't take a chance. I also smoke a little higher than my other cooks and use a pit temp of 350 or so.

I guess I'm looking for a definition of "done". Is it "done" by temperature, and if so what is it? Ground beef is notorious for ecoli....

Mine is done by temperature. Ground beef is 160 IT, some may say to pull at 155 or 150 due to them continuing to cook but I don't take a chance. I also smoke a little higher than my other cooks and use a pit temp of 350 or so.
Ok, great....thanks

Originally Posted by Kloogee

Must be the season for smoked meatloaf. Good "stick to the ribs" kind of food. Great "comfort food."

Smoked a couple of meatloafs Saturday. One for dinner with roasted garlic smashed taters and one for lunch time sammies this week. I guess the crisp autumn evenings awaken the meatloaf spirits in us....:hungry:

Back