Turn-in day jitters? Anyone?

L

lynnaepdx

Hey there,
You all seem like pros at this but I've just been curious if y'all get turn-in day jitters? This summer marked my 3rd season competing and it seemed that no matter how I did the weekend before, I ALWAYS get a little nervous before I build my boxes...:sick: Am I crazy? :crazy:
Once I've got the first box done and into the judges then I'm good to go :cool:

Lynnae
www.sugarsbarbecue.com

Nope...you ain't crazy sister smoker...I get them every time! :becky: When I stop getting excited...I'll stop competing...:cool:

I'm usually worried about getting boxes turned in on time. Seems we always cut it close.

I don't know if I'd call them jitters. We get excited, I always want to start earlier than I need. Have to calm down and be patient. Nothing better when you finish putting that box together after a couple days of solid effort. Well, except for maybe a walk!

Lynnae,

Far from the "pro" insight you're lookin' for I'm sure. I get anxious as heck around turn in time!!

In Duvall we (this really means me...with Katie looking at her dad like he's crazy) built a box upside down!! Dropped another one!! The silver lining...got calls on both!!

We have a saying after our last turn in "it's all over but the crying." Kind of a sweet relief...equal parts good and bad feeling (I LOVE it!!). :-D

I've only been competing a little over a year. I don't get too nervous when I'm filling my boxes, cause I got something to concentrate on. After the last turn-in is when it starts for me. I'm a nervous wreck then. Waiting for awards time is tough, especially when you think you cooked a good product.

Back