Lowe's has charcoal on sale! 40lbs. for $7.97

snyper77

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Two 20lbs. bags of Kingsford Blue - $7.97
Awesome deal. On my way right now!
Kingsford-charcoal-coupon.jpg

Going back tonight for round three of this sale. :) Stocking up for winter.

I can't us KFB in my UDS, it won't cook at a high enough temp. I like to cruise @ 275-300, but I struggled to get over 230 with KB, even with 2 out of 4 one inch intakes wide open. Then there's the mountains of ash build up.

For grilling It might be OK. The KF comp is pretty good, but burns fast. Stubbs FTW.

I don't like K because it seems to have an after taste especially when eating left overs. But that is a good deal!

Hit Lowes today. Got me another 10 packs (20 bags total)

Their Deer Park water was $3.97 for a 24 pack: got me 10 of them, too.

So, in my garage I have:

30 bags of Whole Foods lump charcoal

32 bags (16- 2 packs) of KB

6 bags of Kingsford competition briquettes

That ought to last me a while.

I just loaded my cart!

I had to make my daughter walk b/c I had to put coal in the front of the basket too!

:0)

Couldn't fit mine on a cart... had to use one of those big blue lumber movers. Gotta move it around the garage so the wife doesn't figure out I bought so much. :becky:

Couldn't fit mine on a cart... had to use one of those big blue lumber movers. Gotta move it around the garage so the wife doesn't figure out I bought so much. :becky:

Hey - gotta stock up for winter right? Most people stop grilling in the snow, but this is when the Lowes/HD sales come in handy!

:)

Ben there, done that, got the charcoal. :-D

picture.php

CD

Regular price at my Lowe's.

CD
Go online and print out the ad . Take it to the store, they should honor it. Also, swing by the post office and pick up a change of address/moving kit and they have Lowe's coupons in them.

When I got there, the manager told me they'd be sold out before they closed tonight. I told him "you're gonna have some pissed off customers all weekend." He just shrugged his shoulders as if to say "they should have gotten here earlier."

I got 240lbs.....That should last me until they run the sale again (Memorial Day).

Attachments

• charcoal.jpg
    charcoal.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 108
I'll pass. Kingsford on my big 'ol 24" Horizon offset smoker falls through the charcoal grate soon after turning white. I've switched back to my favorite charcoal (mixed with sticks of course) which is Sam's choice charcoal. Very large coals and lasts way longer than Kingsford.

Which brings me to a point to ponder....how come you can buy Sam's Choice charcoal at Walmart, but you can't buy it at Sam's Club ????

Anyway, I think Kingsford is full of crap in that they've reduced the amount of charcoal per bag and tell you that it actually lasts longer than the heavier charcoal they used to supply a few years ago. Wasn't the double bag like 22 pounds per bag and now it's something like 18 pounds per ?? Sam's Choice is 18 lbs per but like I said, the coals are much bigger and produce a longer burn, at least in my experience.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here, just my personal experience.

Back