• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Roll Call. Inside 30 days. West VFD BBQ March 19/20

Lynn

Reaction score
Who's planning to attend this event - great location
$150.00 entry fee - $15,000 prize money pay thru top 15 places
entry fee includes electricity for light - will not handle heaters or a/c

Hope to see a bunch of you there.
info on www.ibcabbq.org/flyers2010/westvfd.pdf

I hope to get back there someday
That Knights of Columbus C/O in West
was one of the best I have been to

sorry Lynn won't be able to make it this year a little event in NLR is a calling.

We will be there. The West event is one of our favorites. The folks down there are great. Two years ago, I asked if there was a place we could get some firewood and they said they would bring it to us, well they did, a half cord and we burned it all. This is probably our favorite event. They have a kids cookoff too. Both of my girls have entered..... but only one has won!

Wanted to do this one, but my boy's Spring Break won over. Ya'll have fun!

Wish I were going! I'm not even cooking that weekend. Be a DSJ at NLR, hoping to see some sexy slabs!

I just printed out my entry form. Seems they have about 65 teams as of today. Wagons Ho!

Don't forget to stop at the Czech Stop and get some damn fine kolaches.

There is a place down one of the side streets in town that I like real well. I don't remember the name of it though.

There are 2 bars across the street from one another - Wolf's Sports Bar and Mynar's

Always a good time at West

Results......

Craig w/ Texas Pepper Jelly was GC, he had a 1st, 2nd and 4th.

Waldo w/ Lost Gonzo was RGC with a 1st and 2nd.

I (grillas in the pits) was close, finished third with a 10th, 6th and 10th.

Most folks got just one call only two finished with calls in all categories, lucky....

There were about 100 teams total but the weather was so bad that a few teams opted not to cook because they couldn't get their pits up to temp. There were about 20 (72 turn-ins) teams that didn't turn in chicken. I think there were 94 briskets turned in. The storms rolled in just after 5AM.

Many EZ ups were were mangled, The wind continued to blow and luckily dried up things a bit for our departure this morning. We didn't set up at our usual spot because we didn't pre-register, That turned out to be a blessing in disguise, we ended up on the high ground near the entrance. I think I'll take that again next year.

Had a blast regardless of the weather, gotta love the stumps insulated pits.

Your right, Tony, that was the worst weather I ever cooked in. I had a 8th chicken call and made my entry fee back. Craig's scores were 2nd chicken, 1st ribs, and 5th brisket. I was wiped out after that one.

Back