20130924-Cheesecake-VidThumb-s.jpg

I tried this today and it was fantastic! Here's the recipe:

Crust:

Enough Vanilla Wafers to crumble to get 2 cups
1/2 stick of melted butter
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
2 tablespoons cocoa powder (optional)

Pulse the vanilla wafers in a food processor until you have 2 cups of crumbs. Add 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) of melted butter, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon (optional), and 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder (optional). Pulse the food processor several more times to mix the ingredients. Press the crumbs into the bottom of a 9" spring form pan and set aside.

Cheesecake:

24oz softened cream cheese
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
4 large eggs

In a mixer, add the softened cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, and ricotta cheese and mix until smooth and creamy. Add the eggs and fold in until completely mixed. Add the vanilla and mix on low for about one more minute.

Pour the cheesecake mixture on top of the crust in the spring form pan.

Cook on the grill or in the oven at 350° for about one hour or until done. Remove from the grill or oven and cool for one hour on the counter and then for two more hours in the refrigerator.

Serve with whatever toppings you like!

Wow, my wife wants this now. I will probably be doing this in the BigJoe soon.

I did this one on the classic... NO smoke wood... just the lump charcoal. I might try it again sometime with maybe a single chunk of smoke wood but it would be really easy to over smoke this...

Do you notice the texture of the ricotta? We aren't big fans of it, but I don't want to take away from the flavor it brings if it makes the cheesecake. Clearly you included it for a reason.

I probably wouldn't have added wood for smoke, but thanks for the tip.

Do you notice the texture of the ricotta? We aren't big fans of it, but I don't want to take away from the flavor it brings if it makes the cheesecake. Clearly you included it for a reason.

I probably wouldn't have added wood for smoke, but thanks for the tip.

You can notice the texture of the ricotta. You can adjust the quantity or replace it with sour cream if you don't like the texture it brings.

Here's my video of the cook/process....

[ame]http://youtu.be/Fsh7J_AHA4k[/ame]

Back