Theoretical upscale BBQ/ Smokehouse menu items

Sour Cream Horseradish sauce is not served with brisket often enough if you ask me.

And as long as I am going down this road, gastrique goes so well with pulled pork. A cherry or apple gastrique, served with a nice rich pulled pork (but not shredded, left in chunks) and some white bean puree, or a sweet corn polenta (to allude to cornbread) would be lovely.

Also, I have often thought about riffing on collards, going either with kale or baby collards in salads and/or as a side dish. I love collards with vinegar, there has to be a way to take that and elevate it.

Oh, and if you chose to go with the elevated Steak house idea, all the rage lately, I would love to see someone finally do a chuck rib right. Cooked in smoke until absolutely tender, with the bone attached, not short ribs, something along the lines of an 8" rib, served with a dark fruit and jus reduction.

Also, I have often thought about riffing on collards, going either with kale or baby collards in salads and/or as a side dish. I love collards with vinegar, there has to be a way to take that and elevate it.

In a bowl with the pot likker and some thinly sliced pork belly as a small soup would be killer.

Sour Cream Horseradish sauce is not served with brisket often enough if you ask me.

And as long as I am going down this road, gastrique goes so well with pulled pork. A cherry or apple gastrique, served with a nice rich pulled pork (but not shredded, left in chunks) and some white bean puree, or a sweet corn polenta (to allude to cornbread) would be lovely.

Oh, and if you chose to go with the elevated Steak house idea, all the rage lately, I would love to see someone finally do a chuck rib right. Cooked in smoke until absolutely tender, with the bone attached, not short ribs, something along the lines of an 8" rib, served with a dark fruit and jus reduction.

Great ideas!!

BUT an 8 inch rib.... that is insanity. I always thought that baby backs were for men *humph* intimidated by spares, but an 8 inch bone... Obviously I kid. However, that would have to be served on a rectangle plate with some sort of architectural construction. I am intimidated by that.

Back