• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Ham Pron Thread - Let's See 'Em - Ham It Up!

Absolutely Jeanie, I didn't hear Greg say anything about Thanksgiving, besides, I'm pretty sure anything you do counts.

Thanks guys!!
It's not as pretty as yours but here goes...

017_zps97964350.jpg

018_zpse6afc0ec.jpg

It was deer season so I got away with using paper plates. :becky:

That's a mighty fine plate Jeanie! Is that ham from one of your critters?

Interesting. My concern with the pre-sliced ham would be that it would dry out faster. Aside from a little curling did you have any moisture issues?

On some of the edges of the slices it dried out a bit.

Here is a plain jane I did on my WSM. Straight from the package onto the WSM for 2 hrs uncovered, then foiled for another 2 hrs. Used Apple wood and ran it at 240*.
I need to do one with a glaze next time. Anyone with a good glaze recipe?

^^^Nice!

A good very basic glaze could be pineapple juice, brown sugar and butter. "Dr. Chicken's Double Smoked Ham" has a great glaze recipe. Also Phrasty has all kinds of info related to ham, including glazes, so search for ham and Phrasty and you'll be glad you did.

From my daughter's Green Eggs and Ham birthday party a few years ago. I followed Phrasty's curing recipe on a couple of small butts with a little green food coloring in one of them to fit the theme of the party. It tasted the same as the other one but was so repulsive looking that nobody would eat it but the dog.

Back