Top or Bottom, and should I stick it...?

CarrsvilleSmoker

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
I figured the subject line would get a laugh or two.

I will be doing two 8 lb butts and a 10 lb brisket this weekend on UDS for my nieces 1st BDay. My question is where should I place the brisket, I was thinking of putting one of the butts on the lower grate and having another butt directly over that on the top grate next to the brisket. This way the brisket drippings wouldn’t fall on the butt. Where would yall recommend I place the meat?

Second question is should I go ahead and inject the brisket. The few briskets I have done in the past never got injected. If I inject, what should I use?

Thanks in advance, and don't worry I will have plenty of PRON Sunday night.

One thought would be butts on top fat dripping and basting brisket. I seen Mista inject wiyh beef broth/worster mix.

A wise man once told me briskets over butts, fat drips on the butts giving them a little more flavor. Works for me, give it a try.

My food chain from bottom to top is Chicken, pork and then beef.

One can of broth and 1/4 bottle of wooster, then top it off at two cups with apple juice.

My food chain from bottom to top is Chicken, pork and then beef.

One can of broth and 1/4 bottle of wooster, then top it off at two cups with apple juice.

I buy wooster by the gallon, 1/4 bottle might be overkill

If i recall correctly from bigmista's brisket class at the bash ( we talked q so it might be tax deductible for the working q people - really - )
the total liquid of beef broth mixture was @ 2 cups and wooster was a component - 1/4 to 1/8 part of the total - add a dissolved fine grain rub if desired -

I would put the Brisket on the bottom and the Butts on top, and let the drippings baste the brisket as OSD says. Think of it as Bacon...

Butts over Brisket. Everything over Chicken.
I have never injected a brisket so I can't help you there.
Don't forget the pictures.

Pork fat over beef for me. Bathing that cow in piggly goodness...mmmm.

Back