New Superior SS-3 Arrived today!!

rhastings6

Reaction score
New to the board and upgraded from Primo to gravity feed Superior SS-3 !
Thanks to Kevin@Superior for all his help. Great experience

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 468
Sweet!

Welcome to the Brethren. Be sure to drop into Cattle Call and introduce yourself so we can give you a proper welcome.

I think back in May. Slightly smaller than SS-2. Same height, but 6 inches slimmer and the price was right comparative to others in that backyard size. Oh, and didn't have to wait 8-10 weeks.

I was just curious as its not on their site nor hve I read about it. What was price?

I just ordered an assassin 28 last week so will pick it up here in a couple weeks down in Macon.

That is a nice smoker!!! I had the pleasure of being the first person to cook on the first prototype!! Kevin is great!

Question? I seasoned the SS-3 today and went great! Took about 90 minutes to get to 325 and slightly closed the ball valve to maintain temp. (No guru yet, on way). Let roll for about another 2 1/2 hours then closed valve and stack to snuff out, or at least thought so. Came home 6 hours later and still holding at 150 and coals still amber. I am used to Primo snuffing out, so really surprised. Is it possible to snuff out on gravity feed? Or does keep burning until chute empty?

It'll snuff out. Make sure the door is tightly closed, and the exhaust vent is closed, and of course the ball valve shut. It is well insulated unit, and it does take a while. But when I shut all the places for air to get in and come back the next day, my Assassin has always been "snuffed".

BTW, same guy makes the Superior and the Assassin . . . .

Glad you like the cooker Richard, and thanks for sharing. It will take the cooker a while to snuff out. With all of the insulation it retains heat for a good while. Once it sits overnight it should be snuffed out and most of the fuel still should be usable.

The SS-3 will be on the website shortly, just sent the pictures to my web guy this past week.

Last edited:
Back