New member from WA PNW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome, bingo. Many of the PNWBA events are KCBS santioned. Do you compete?
Hi micheal
I haven't been competing but I would love to. At this moment I just want to get certified as a judge and I'm trying to organize a competition in conjunction with the Lynden PRCA rodeo this year which is held at the end of August. Last year my biggest complaint were the vendors. Cheese curds and a couple of expresso stands was the extent of food available, pretty poor for a rodeo that was voted best small rodeo in the nation last year, our hospitality is second to none.
I presented the idea today to our rodeo chairperson and we''ll see what happens, cross your tongs for me,,,lol

#1: Looking forward to the pics of the redneckiest lookin cooker out there :-D
#2: Just curious why you think PNWBA events are not the real "show"... I've cooked contests under both organizations and there is no doubt that PNWBA events are the real thing... Sure, they're not typically 50 team events but that's just because there aren't enough competitors up there (yet :wink:)

Welcome to the forum!
Hey Smoke
I guess I think of KCBS as the big "SHOW" not knockin PNWBA at all, if you want to see pics of my redneckid smoker,,ha ha you can see pics of it at photobucket I was able to post there. Still no luck posting here. And
thank you all for your welcome letters.
Bing

Welcome!

We Natives prefer to be called "mossbacks"

Cross the border at Lynden and continue to Langley, BC and stop in and say Hi! to Angie at Well Seasoned, they put on the BBQ on the Bypass in September, great venue, live music and the whole town comes out and supports the cause. Its also a qualifying event for the Jack Daniels Invitational!

Just a little FYI for you- the PNWBA is the second oldest BBQ Association in the country next to KCBS. It is the Real Deal

Welcome!

We Natives prefer to be called "mossbacks"

Cross the border at Lynden and continue to Langley, BC and stop in and say Hi! to Angie at Well Seasoned, they put on the BBQ on the Bypass in September, great venue, live music and the whole town comes out and supports the cause. Its also a qualifying event for the Jack Daniels Invitational!

Just a little FYI for you- the PNWBA is the second oldest BBQ Association in the country next to KCBS. It is the Real Deal
Sweet! no problem there my wife IS Canadian/Irish lol, you poor saps never knew what you wuz lettin go, a national treasure. and I got her ha ha ha How do we get ahold of Angie??? we would love to meet some of the BBQ clan in our area.
Just so ya know. I'm the foodie in the family, my oldest son also loves food and he far surpasses me in presentation,hmmmmmm I think I may have hit on a great combination. Oh you guys are in trouble now,,,lol
P.S. still no pics available to me, any hints?

Sweet! no problem there my wife IS Canadian/Irish lol, you poor saps never knew what you wuz lettin go, a national treasure. and I got her ha ha ha How do we get ahold of Angie??? we would love to meet some of the BBQ clan in our area.
Just so ya know. I'm the foodie in the family, my oldest son also loves food and he far surpasses me in presentation,hmmmmmm I think I may have hit on a great combination. Oh you guys are in trouble now,,,lol
P.S. still no pics available to me, any hints?

Well Seasoned is a Gourmet Foods and cooking store in Langley.

Thanks Brian
We weill be sure to look her up. I appreciate the tip and hope we can meet up soon.
TTYL
Bing

I have webbed feet, thank you ... Seattlite here.

Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back