Maiden Voyage for the WSM!

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was working from home today, so I decided to break in my new WSM. After watching Greg and Bob work the WSMs at Shannon, I felt like I was a pro! I loded up the basket about two thirds full with kingsford, and tossed 25 or so briquettes into my starter and got them going. Once they were going, I added them to the WSM, assembled it and filled the water pan.

I put in two slabs of spares (St. Louis style) and two fatties along with some apple and cherry wood. I rubbed the ribs with some John Henry's Wild Cherry Chipotle rub. As the spares were cooking, I sprayed them with some Bronco Bob's Roasted Raspberry Chipotle sauce, strained and thinned. I pulled the fatties after three hours, but left the spares in. For the last hour of cooking, I glazed the ribs with the same sauce.

They came out great! nice smoke ring, nice and tender, ssweet with a nice kick.

Looks good Ron. It's amazing how these pics can make someone hungry for Q at 4:45 AM!

Fine looking eats Ron.
WSM is a sweetheart for smaller cooks.
I use mine more than the StudeDera now--just because of the "cruise control" cooking :lol:
TIM

Re: RE: Maiden Voyage for the WSM!

Neil said:
Looks good Ron. It's amazing how these pics can make someone hungry for Q at 4:45 AM!

It's amazing how someone is up and on the computer at 4:45 am!

Ron looks good

RE: Re: RE: Maiden Voyage for the WSM!

Dammit. Now I'm hungry.

Nice looking eats!

RE: Re: RE: Maiden Voyage for the WSM!

Gret looking eats. You finally made me get off my ass and put my WSM together. It's been sitting iun the garage for something like 4 months.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Maiden Voyage for the WSM!

BrooklynQ said:
Gret looking eats. You finally made me get off my ass and put my WSM together. It's been sitting iun the garage for something like 4 months.

I'll give you my UPS number ship it down to me I'll put it together for you the you can pick it up :lol:

Re: RE: Re: RE: Maiden Voyage for the WSM!

Trout_man22 said:
BrooklynQ said:

I'll give you my UPS number ship it down to me I'll put it together for you the you can pick it up :lol:

Help a brother out mod.

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Maiden Voyage for the WSM!

Sorry guys. My other WSM is up in Albany with my brother. Haven't seen that one in a year. The only place this cooker is going is Grill Kings.

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Maiden Voyage for the WSM!

Damn Ron, that first picture didn't help my Fatty Fetish!

Back