Comfort food for my bride...

Al Czervik

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
My wife requested chicken and dumplings for chow tonight and I was happy to oblige.

While certainly not Q, I did use a combo of Oakridge and Naturiffic seasonings on the thighs grilled up for the occasion. Next step was to sauté diced carrots, onions, and celery in butter until soft. Then, sprinkled flour on the veggies, cooked off the flour taste, added chicken stock and turned up the heat to boil. While the mixture was coming to a boil, whipped up some Dead Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit mix to use as dumplings. Once the bath came to a boil, added the cubed/shredded thighs to the pot along with half a pack of egg noodles. Once the pot returned to a boil, added scoops of the biscuit mix to the broth, covered the pot, and simmered for 15 minutes.

Viola!

gjSnRqB.jpg

mIwo4uk.jpg

My better half was quite pleased with the meal so mission accomplished.

Thanks for tuning in... :biggrin1:

Bought a big damn chicken and veggies yesterday, so chicken with BIG fluffy dumplings are on deck.
Thanks Mom.....
Ed

Fantastic work, Mongo! Hard to beat-not much more comforting than that.

Thanks, gang. We hadn’t had it in a long time so was a nice change. Ended up only eating about half of it so we’re firing up the leftovers tonight. Day two is normally even better!

That's perfect right there brother. We can even use some out this way as the weather as cooled down significantly.

Back