View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 06:28 PM   #47
The Pigman
is One Chatty Farker

Why not a S shape ...more coals longer burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by speers90 View Post
In the past month or so I picked up two new bbq related toys and I figured it was time to introduce them. The first was sort of a spur of the moment decision because an opportunity became available that was to good to pass up: Ryan from Big T'z (musicmanryann) was selling his toy hauler to upgrade and I was already planning on buying one this coming August/September. The price was right so I went ahead an pulled the trigger on this:

The second addition was just picked up on Thursday and I am getting ready to do my first burn and cook this afternoon. It is my new MJH cooker from Backyard Bombers in Cannon Falls, MN.

Front View

Fold Down Side Shelf

4 Cooking Racks Plus A Water Pan Shelf & Pan

Cooking Racks With 5"+ Of Clearance, more racks are available upon request. When I was picking this MJH up I was looking at some of the other cookers Josh was building for other customers and there was another MJH with at least twice as many cooking racks. He said the customer was looking to be able to cook a lot or ribs.

Firebox With Sliding/Hanging Basket and Sliding Ash Pan. This is pretty much the entire reason I decided to go with the newest version on the MJH. I wanted a much bigger firebox and in my opinion Josh & Backyard Bombers knocked this out of the park. This picture also has the L Brackets setting in the firebox for a Horseshoe pattern burn.

Here is a better picture of the L brackets forming the horseshoe pattern and loaded up with lump. I left a small space to dump about 1/4-1/3 a chimney of lit lump in.

Getting ready to light it up. It is hard to tell but the chimney is only about 1/4-1/3 full. I love that I can use the sliding ash pan as a base to get my chimney of lump going. I will try it out this way first, but I can see myself just using a weed burner to light the corner of the lump in the future.

Thanks for looking, if you have any questions about the MJH let me know. I am so happy with how this new version of the MJH turned out that I already emailed Josh about lead times on a second one.
KCBS CBJ #30390

Lead for State of Ohio & Indiana for Operation BBQ Relief
Operation BBQ Relief Founding Member
Lang 84 Custom Longneck with warmer
Mobil Food Lic. With State of Ohio
The Pigman is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->