• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Official MOINK Ball Certification Resurrection Thread

Here's my go at MOINK balls.... As we can't get frozen meatballs, I made my own. I gave it my best and the family loved it !

I had 2 rubs for the balls, this one being hot with Pimenton de la Vera Picante...
IMG_2606.jpg

And this one with Goya Adobo Bitter orange rub...
IMG_2607.jpg

The Dinosaur bbq sauce for the mild balls and the Strawberry/Creme de Balsamico/smoked garlic, and chipotle tabasco sauce for the Picante balls
IMG_2608.jpg

On the grill for the first time ever...
IMG_2609.jpg

Let's smoke'm !!!!!
IMG_2610.jpg

A half way refill of smokechips..
IMG_2611.jpg

And now for the sauces to be added
IMG_2613.jpg

And a feast of a MOINK ball meal......
IMG_2614.jpg

Dirk

Here is my humble post for MOINK Ball certification.

first, the cast of characters, the stuff I used. Thought I would go with the original and then make changes when I am certified.
Bacon, Frozen meatballs, seasoning by Heidi Basik, and better than Boullion to marinade.

the-stuff.jpg

Next the meatballs getting ready.
MOINK-1.jpg

Seasoned with my Heide Basik Rub

MOINK-Seasoned.jpg

Then wrapped in Bacon.

MOINK-Wraped.jpg

Ready for the Dera
MOINK-ready.jpg

In the Dera.

In-the-Dera.jpg

Yes I added some ABT's

then finished.

MOINK-Finished.jpg

Can't wait to try them but IMHO they will be good!

Larry I hope this is a valid entry for MOINK Ball certification.

MOINKS & Grilled Asparagus

Herein leis my humble application to the IMBAS for certification as a MOINK baller.

These were done on a Weber grill, but I usually do them in the smoker. Either way, tasty stuff! Here are my ingredients: pre-made beef meatballs, fresh bacon, some Hog Waller rub, and a BBQ sauce I created from tomato sauce, honey, Worcestershire sauce, Sriracha, and a few other secret but tasty goodies.

2183802140055647610S600x600Q85.jpg

Each MOINK was made up using a half-piece of bacon, pinned around the meatball with a toothpick.

2466048970055647610S600x600Q85.jpg

The MOINKs were put on the grill with indirect heat from an offset fore in the Weber kettle.

2162807900055647610S600x600Q85.jpg

Once they were flipped, I added the fresh asparagus coated with olive oil, salt and cracked pepper.

2661411470055647610S600x600Q85.jpg

Finished MOINKs!

2442235490055647610S600x600Q85.jpg

Plated MOINKs, along with grilled asparagus and Bernaise sauce.

2537371920055647610S600x600Q85.jpg

Different? Yes. Tasty? You bet!

Vegemite itself has a very intense flavour and this can be extremely offputting to people not familiar with it... who may treat it like any other spread and slap it on thick like honey or peanut spead and then get a big surprise.
Totally OT, so I hope I'll be forgiven, but in regards to this comment I sent a tube of Vegemite to a friend in Portland once. HEHE, I had warned her, but the message hadn't got through to the kids. Big surprise indeed.. bigger surprise if those kids ever speak to me again.
On topic, I believe PURE beef balls were the original requisite. Maybe the rules were relaxed to suit the fact that it'd take a pretty big pig belly to wrap some of those puppies.

Last edited by a moderator:
I lost my cert when my hard drive crashed.

I like my balls mixed in with a little atomic hotness. Do I get certification?

Primo3.JPG

Here is my submission for MOINK ball certification. They are now officially the Number 2 most favorite thing I make on the grill.

Here's the ingredients...

MOINKIngredients.jpg

Wrapped Balls

MOINKsCloseUpNotDusted.jpg

Dusted with Dr. BBQ's Big Time BBQ Rub

MOINKsDustedWithDrBBQ.jpg

In the smoke, and I do mean in the smoke...

MOINKsInHickorySmoke.jpg

Done on the grill

MOINKsCookedStillOnTheGrill.jpg

Doused in one of CivilWarBBQ's Delicious Prize winning Sauces "Pickett", made from Georgia Peaches and Vidalia Onions. Sweet and Tangy, it was a perfect accompaniment to the MOINKs.

MOINKsJapaneseStyle.jpg

Hopefully, I have met the requirements for IMBAS certification.

Mike D

Thank you The BBQ QB for your submission. All that is required is a PM to the sanctioning person with your official request.

Back