Another SpatchCock On The Egg

Midnight Smoke

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Used some Poultry seasoning mixed in butter. Rubbed under the skin and all over the birds.

Picture1624.jpg

Picture1638.jpg

Sweet Blue

Picture1646.jpg

1 1/2 Hours at 350º and ready to rest. Should have pulled about 15 minutes sooner. Legs a little dry.

Picture1648.jpg

All huddled up

Picture1661.jpg

Don't really know why I do Spatchcock because I don't care for Roasted Chicken and it always tastes that way. I think it is just because it looks pretty cool. I like Grilled chicken, baked Chicken and fried Chicken.

Whats the difference between baked and roasted chicken? Aren't they both done in the oven?

Great looking birds Pork Smoker! I like the sound of mixing your poultry seasoning with butter...will give it a try. Thanks!:wink:

Ever since my first spatchcocking about 3 months ago it is the only way I cook whole birds now. Those look great.

Whats the difference between baked and roasted chicken? Aren't they both done in the oven?

Good question. Let me clarify. When I say roasted I am referring to a whole chicken done on a rotisserie with a low slow heat. Baking when the bird is cut up into parts and cooked at a higher temp with a shorter cooking time.

I just have never cared for rotisserie cooked chicken. They just do not taste the same.

Doing one today, now that the temps are way up to double digits. Yours were beautiful.

The one on the left, and then on the platter in front looks a bit more "shy" than her sister on the grill....

Looks like good eats!!

Back