Sbn

BerryPatchBBQ

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Does anyone on here do SBN competitions? We did our first yesterday. We was not happy to say the least. Our cook was spot on. It was the first competition where our chicken didn't finish at least top 10. We do mostly Kcbs and Scba but decided to give this a shot since it wasn't far away. I am my own worse critic when it comes to my BBQ. I usually know if we are gonna do good or not. I left there scratching my head..with all this said. What are they looking for in SBN?? Why don't they do meat inspection? And why do they let people judge with out training?

I have cooked with you at several SCBA events. We did an SBN event this past weekend as well. You must have done Union?? We were going to go there, but ended up going to Dorchester. As far as what they are looking for, I don't find much of a difference with them from SCBA. We had a great cook and took a 1st in ribs 2nd in pork and RGC. The last SBN event we did in Spruce Pine, they did meat inspection, but for us in Dorchester they did not. Not sure what that is all about. I am also curious about the judging. We are usually pretty consistent with our placing between SBN and SCBA. Where are you gyus competing next?

i can show you all about sbn chicken.love you brother.first place in union two years in a row.

In my opinion, do not give up on the SBN too fast! We've cooked a few and always thought the judging was consistent with SCBA and even with KCBS. What judges I am aware of are also judges with both SCBA and KCBS. We typically do not do well in the SBN events either....but I cannot blame that always on them!

Back