Harvest Brine Challenge

Just snagged a 12# turkey. I don't guess what I'll be doing is part of the challenge, 'cause I already dig HB and know it'll be good. This will be the first Thanksgiving turkey getting the HB treatement, however - normally we dry brine with kosher salt. I'm really, really, really, REALLY looking forward to this one. :hungry:

Just snagged a 12# turkey. I don't guess what I'll be doing is part of the challenge, 'cause I already dig HB and know it'll be good. This will be the first Thanksgiving turkey getting the HB treatement, however - normally we dry brine with kosher salt. I'm really, really, really, REALLY looking forward to this one. :hungry:

HB is koshering with a NorCal twist :wink:

We are getting close to the last chance to order and get it delivered on time as well.
Thanks for the reminder gtr!

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
So it is koshering? i was wondering about the difference.

Didn't take any pix, but sweet mother of fark that was a great turkey! So simple too.

I hit the 12# bird with HB on Monday nite, wrapped it up tight, set in the fridge breast down. Last night unwrapped it, let it air dry breast up in fridge overnight.

Pulled it out a couple hours before cooking (in the oven - did the ham in the smoker). Rubbed skin with butter, threw a couple lemons in the cavity, cooked breast down at 400 for 30 minutes, flipped & lowered heat to 325 for a finish at 165 in the thigh. Very, very, VERY farking good & a big hit - breast meat too! :clap2:

Great stuff, John! Glad you got the sale thingee going on tomorrow. I'll be getting some more. Turkeys will be getting the HB treatement here from now on. Already do it with the non-Carolina Treet (I'm sure you know what I'm talking about, John) chix. Love it!

Last edited:
Back