LI Certified BBQ Judging Class

motoeric

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
On April 11th there will be a class to become a Certified BBQ Judging held in the scenic town of Sayville.

The 'man behind the curtain' running things is none other than Mr. Phil Rizzardi. The instructor will be Prof. Jerry Mullane.

If you are interested in judging contests or if you are a cook interested in how judging works, we would love to see you at the class.

The application and paypal options are found here:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/sayvillecbj.htm

If you would like to volunteer to help out at the class, we can certainly use your assistance. Please drop me a note and let me know that you are interested.

Thank you!

Eric Devlin

We would like to thank the Sayville Fire Dept. and the Ronkonkoma Holiday Inn for supporting this class.

Last edited:
Sweet, I'll be there with a couple of others who want to attend the class.

EDIT: I want to pick up a reg. for my friend, can I simply send 2x the paypal amount?

REMINDER

Please send me a copy of the application that is on the sign-up page.

It's in MS Word. Just fill it out and email it.

Thanks,

Eric

Regarding Assistance

We can certainly use some help at the class. Two separate categories of volunteers are needed. I need help inside with prepping food and table captaining. Phil may need help outside with cooking and such.

Helping Phil (that I'm aware of):

Willie
Julie

Helping Inside:

Stephen Silverberg

General Volunteering:

Brian (Ma's Que)

We have a few other people who may also be helping. If you would like to lend hand, we would appreciate the help.

Eric

The meats(except chicken) will all be cooked Friday night.. so outside we just need someone to reheat. I haven't spoke to Willie yet about bringing the lang, but I think the spicebox can handle all the chicken, and if we go langless, the FE can handle the reheats of the rest. Sacco will be there and he can man chicken.

During class, I'll be inside helping. Will have Jackie and James with me, and Yola is coing to table captain. Julie and skip are also coming to help and I'm pretty sure Westex is also on the roster. Not sure about Sled, now that hes on injured reserve. i think we can use 2-3 more.

so what i know of is..

Jackie - Table captain
James - boxes
yola - table captain
eric - public relations/table captain?
sacco - chicken
Brian - table Captain/general stuff
skip - boxes/slicing
julie - boxes/slicing
wes - boxes/sicing
me - whatever
willie - whatever
Steven Silverberg - Tabel Captain/General Stuff

Sled - ???

I look forward to seeing lots and lots of Brethren coming out to support the class.

Thanks for all the help!

See ya tomorrow.

Eric

Hey Side...

Try this novel approach.. READ! :cool::tongue:

im there around 730-8.

We need a few dditional cutting boards and knives if anyone can beings some.

Back