Need Help!!

armor

is one Smokin' Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
A friend has asked me to cook on site for a small business party this Saturday. This party is to take place outside complete with a bonfire. The party is taking place at a home they purchased last summer but have not moved into. It is in the country with lake, barns etc. Very picturesque. I guess that is why the party is happening there. There is no furniture in house so this get together is definitely staying outside. My concern is keeping the food warm. I may be wrong but I am not sure chafing dishes will do the job as the temps are supposed to top out at 39 degrees. Yes there is electricity but I didn't want to invest in slow roasters etc but that may be the only way. Any input would be appreciated.

Unless some of the experienced caterers have a great idea I think an electric roaster like a Nesco is the way to go. Chafing dishes sometimes struggle at normal indoor temps :) Good luck!

Saved by the weather report. Mix of rain and snow. :-D Party has been moved inside so not cooking on site. Deliver, set up, and serve. Providing everything but drinks and deserts. Now I have to find tables and chairs to rent. :-D:-D

Where in VA? There are certainly places to pick that stuff up depending on where you will be.

Moved over to Catering to see if more in-the-know folks can jump in.

Moved over to Catering to see if more in-the-know folks can jump in.

Thanks Arlin! :biggrin:

Sounds as if you got it under control!

Let someone deal with the tables and chairs and just charge them for some awesome Q!

You are right about tables and chairs. I will never do it again. didn't lose money on it, just too much trouble.

Agreed. I don't even pretend to be a full service caterer. No frills, just awesome food and excellent service. The venue and furnishings are up to the customer.

Just to clarify - I will provide paper goods, disposable table service, etc. No china, real silverware, white tablecloths or any of that other foof. Just honest to goodness barbecue.

Back