Great to meet the Brethren at Banquet

Merl

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
After a very long and difficult Board meeting I walked into the bar at the Clarion, only to be greeted by so many friends from the Brethren, whom I had never met before. During the BOD meeting, I wondered about the BOD and the job. Then I began to meet the members of the Brethren. You all are not only supportive, but great to meet and become someone I can call my friend. Thank you very much. It was truly my pleasure to meet each of you.

Yours in BBQ
Merl

Merl, Thank you for all you do by serving on the BOD. Thank you to all the Brethren Brothers that attended the meetings also.. I was unable to attend but I would love to shake each and everybodys hands for attending. From serving on a few boards, I know what a frustrating and thank less job it turns into it seems at times. I know some folks had to travel a very long ways to attend.

Mike

Thanks for a great job, Merl. You are great on the board! See you soon!

Arlie

arlieque said:
Thanks for a great job, Merl. You are great on the board! See you soon!

Arlie
As you know I am only one. But there are many on the board who see the vision, and not the "old ways". I hope the elections will further our vision.
Thank you Arlie.
Merl

Ditto for me, Merl. You are a class guy and cooker friendly. Keep up the good work.

Great seeing you again Merl. Thanks for taking an active roll.

Yes I have to say it was good to meet all of you. at the banquet. I had a great time. Todd it was good to see you and Randy. Phil great to finally get to see you. and Andy as well. Now Wayne I just say you from afar, but I heard something about (security) visits every 10 minutes?>?? Hey and I can not forget Jeff.

Ray Dr BBQ glad to meet you as well, and I hope you like the wine that my friend John (parrothead smokers) gave you Friday night.

Scotty - I enjoyed picking your brain on the hows/wheres to get heat in rubs even. And after we wore out security....we toasted you at about 2:30am in Chris Early's room -- He found a couple of your lab test bags of Jack Links he siad you had shared several contests ago - so we busted them open and chowed down. Gotta love that!!!

scottd said:
Yes I have to say it was good to meet all of you. at the banquet. I had a great time. Todd it was good to see you and Randy. Phil great to finally get to see you. and Andy as well. Now Wayne I just say you from afar, but I heard something about (security) visits every 10 minutes?>?? Hey and I can not forget Jeff.

Ray Dr BBQ glad to meet you as well, and I hope you like the wine that my friend John (parrothead smokers) gave you Friday night.

Scott, Let us know when you are headed back down this way for comp or whatever. Definately would like to hook back up with you again.

HoDeDo said:
Scotty - I enjoyed picking your brain on the hows/wheres to get heat in rubs even. And after we wore out security....we toasted you at about 2:30am in Chris Early's room -- He found a couple of your lab test bags of Jack Links he siad you had shared several contests ago - so we busted them open and chowed down. Gotta love that!!!

Not bad, hope it was good, as ya gotta spread the love or the jerky. You know I thought I heard something up on the 14th floor. hahaha

thanks Scotty d

Plowboy said:
Scott, Let us know when you are headed back down this way for comp or whatever. Definately would like to hook back up with you again.

I will be at the North Kansas city contest, Osage City, and Sugar Creek. for now those are the ones in that area I am paid for already.

Scotty d

I'll see you at Osage for sure... I might play b*tch for Todd @ Sugar Creek if it closes before I scrap together funds to enter. (which typically happens) I just don't see me goin back to warsaw this year.... but ya never know:twisted:

scottd said:
I will be at the North Kansas city contest, Osage City, and Sugar Creek. for now those are the ones in that area I am paid for already.

Scotty d

See you at Sugar Creek!!! We'll be there.

Merl said:
Then I began to meet the members of the Brethren. ....

My brain is still trying to absorb the events of this weekend. what a great time! I, too, started meeting Brethren from about the moment I walked in to Paddy O'Quigleys. I had the pleasure of chatting with many of the Brethren's KC Chapter (is that right?) and really felt welcomed by everyone. (JeffinKC, MoKan, HoDeDo, Merl...too many to list) Thanks!

ALSO, the five of us who flew out from New England had decided not to get our own table...so we were scattered about the banquet. (It was my pleasure to invade the Rocky Mountain BBQ tables and they made me feel quite at home immediately) We weren't too sure if this would work out but, I have to say, I am glad we did that. We ALL got to meet new people and exchange ideas and info about our respective parts of the country. It worked out FAR better than we had hoped and now we have the opportunity to keep in touch and maintain these new BBQ friendships until we can meet up with them again somewhere down the long BBQ road.

I am already looking forward to our first roadtrip to the Royal this year when I can introduce y'all to my man and my lunchmates.

If anyone makes it out to New England this year, please look us up! I will happily pay you back for your genuine hospitality!

lunchlady

p.s.
Hey 512 ... Chris and Shannon?...can I get the plans for that margarita maker? Thanks so much for having us~! :biggrin:
good times... good times

Thanks Merl - it was good to see you as well as the rest of the Brethren. Scotty, I don't know nuthin about no security. Phil, Ray, LunchLady, Bubba, Jeff, Mark/Becky, and all of the out-of-towners, hope you all had safe flights/drives backhome

It was nice meeting and talking briefly with you Merl! It was also great to talk with Jeff, Andy and Phil. It wasn't a lot, but I got to put some faces to avatars. Wish I had had time to meet more of you.

MoKanMeathead said:
Thanks Merl - it was good to see you as well as the rest of the Brethren. Scotty, I don't know nuthin about no security. Phil, Ray, LunchLady, Bubba, Jeff, Mark/Becky, and all of the out-of-towners, hope you all had safe flights/drives backhome

Yeah Wayne it was the room with the margarita machine, sorry man it was not your room. I had bad information. the machine and all I just had to think it had to be!!!!!!:wink:

Back