Valentine's Day Steak Dinner w/ photos

bbqgeekess

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Made my boyfriend and myself a nice Valentine's Day Steak Dinner consisting of a tossed green salad with raspberry vinegarette, grilled garlic butter bread and steak.

Pulled my late 1970's Hasty-Bake Suburban out of my storage shed and fired it up. (I got this Hasty-Bake from the flea market last year for only $125.)

I get excited and happy when I use this grill. I don't know if it is because I live in Tulsa and/or was raised 100 miles from Santa Maria, CA.

2natimp.jpg

npghw6.jpg

(Camera was mounted on a tri-pod with a 1.3 second exposure to grab the light from the coals; utilized a flash to light up everything else.)

Threw on the Rib Eye and New York Steaks; (I just rubbed them down with my standard rub which are equal parts of salt, pepper, garlic powder & paprika.) :

2ir5jt2.jpg

Grilled 'em up:
scyfq0.jpg

After a 10 minute or so rest in foil, I put them on a serving plate along with the salad and grilled garlic butter bread :

11vnv3o.jpg

Here is a shot from my plate, with part of the Rib Eye on top, and part of the New York on the bottom :

2mw5ny1.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, I promise I am not stalking you. Nice cook, great photography too...

(Let's see now. She BBQ's, Grills, cooks, bakes. Is there nothing she can't do?) :mrgreen:

Back