Maverick ET732 Replacement Probe

Drunk Monkey

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Well, I am on to my 3rd replacement pit probe for my ET732. I ordered it from Amazon same as the last one. This time the plug was wrong. It was the same as the food probe. Longer and skinner. Has this happened to anyone else? I sent it back but I am wondering if I am ordering the wrong thing or if it was a manufacturing error. Where do you get your replacement probes from? Thanks.

BTW the description was
Maverick ET732 Genuine Replacement 6 Foot Smoker & Chamber Probe BBQ

Well, I am on to my 3rd replacement pit probe for my ET732. I ordered it from Amazon same as the last one. This time the plug was wrong. It was the same as the food probe. Longer and skinner. Has this happened to anyone else? I sent it back but I am wondering if I am ordering the wrong thing or if it was a manufacturing error. Where do you get your replacement probes from? Thanks.

BTW the description was
Maverick ET732 Genuine Replacement 6 Foot Smoker & Chamber Probe BBQ

the plugs on both probes are the same. they can be interchanged.

are you talking about the probe end?

No the actual plug. I Wonder if the tip broke in the unit. When i compared them the pit plug was shorter. I will have to Give it a closer look when i get home. If it did break off i have no idea how to get it out.

I've ordered one off of Amazon and the plug didn't fit well....Maverick sent me a replacement and it fit well so i don't know.

I have yet to have a probe go bad though but i like having backups. To keep your probe good put a dab of high silicone and heat shrink where the wire meets the probe.

Thanks for the feedback. sounds like the general consensus is that both plugs are the same. If that's the case I am probably in the market for a new therm.

I would contact Maverick. They might replace the therm for you. Doesn't hurt to ask...

Just ordered the Maverick 733 yesterday. Hope to get it in time for the SB cooking I have to do.

Back