What are your secrets to rubs?

• Thread starter InviteBuddha2YourBBQ
  • Start date
I

InviteBuddha2YourBBQ

I can't get it right. Every time I'm at a BBQ I'm told I'm doing it wrong. Really wrong

Who can help me with this?

The secret: Keep it simple.

And who is telling you you're doing it wrong?

I put some on the meat then smoke it! lol make sure you don't make it Too salty or spicy. and don't use to much on small pieces of meat. When you see people on BBQ pitmasters drenching it on.. a lot of that is for color.. those rubs are mostly Paprika and light on salty spicy sugary flavors. for the normal backyard cook.. a light dusting is applied then the smoke does the rest.. sounds like you used way to much.. and offended some people..

First, there is no secret, it is a matter of taste. Tastes vary from person to person

Last edited:
When making a rub use parts as a measure and weigh the parts because not all ingredients have the same volume. A part can be any measurement that you determine it to be.
Example: Kosher salt and Med grind Black pepper 1 oz of salt is about 1 tsp 1 oz of pepper is about 4 tsp.

Just sayin...:p

ajqh5l.jpg

You are using too much of this, and not enough of that. The this to that ratio has to be just right.

CD

You need a smidgeon of white stuff, a dab or two of some red stuff, mix in a little spicy stuff, add a little sweet stuff, and then you should have some pretty good stuff! Shhhhh!! Don't tell nobody... its a secret! :mrgreen:

Back