• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Ten Bucks

bigbeef24

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Im working with a catering company that is going to have me do their BBQ and was wondering if charging $10 lbs was too low? Any feedback will be helpful. Its just for the BBQ, no buns, sides or sauce.

Thanks,
Bigbeef24

Big Pappa UDS

what are you cooking for BBQ. If they are providing the meat, and you are providing the cooking service, you are okay at $10 per pound. If you are providing the meat as well, do less per pound but, plus market rate for meat. For instance, if pork butts are $3 a pound and you charge $7 a pound for cooking, then $10 a pound total, but, if it's chicken, you might be paying $5 a pound, then $12 a poind for meat.

This is not exactly helpful to you but as reference maybe. I smoke a lot of meat and fish for Friends in the area that hunt and fish. I don't take money I take half of whatever it is I smoke for them. I have too many every year that want my services even at that exchange rate that I turn away more than I get. I just don't have that many Freezers LMAO.

$10 is about average for around here for pulled pork. Raw butts are about that price too. Do you have to pull it or do you just have to hand over cooked butts?

Back