• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Merry Christmas From Sunny SoCal!

PatioDaddio

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I cooked a monster 9-lb turkey breast on a kettle today. I'm at my in-law's in Ventura.

This beast was injected with an entire bottle of Tony Cacherie's Creole Butter, then I hit it with a liberal coating of Oakridge "Secret Weapon". I cooked it indirect over Kingsford Original and some cherry chips to 153* internal.

ujetudab.jpg

This was the best turkey that I've ever cooked, period.

Sorry, but this is the only pic that I have.

John

No, I was seriously in the weeds trying to get the entire meal on the table on-time. It was a good reminder as to why I said "Thanks, but no thanks." to the Chopped thing. ;-)

John

Mr. PatioDaddio, you are on my short list of favorite recipe authors! My hats off to you for your amazing culinary skills!

seattlepitboss

Looks awesome! Brined a turkey in yer Ultimate Turkey brine - can't wait to eat it!

How long are you out this way?

Welcome to So Cal.

Nice looking turkey, love Oakridge rub, and thanks for helping me out yesterday with my pressure cooker beef stock (followed recipe from petitchef and later discovered it was submitted by you - was a big hit)

Welcome to So Cal.

Nice looking turkey, love Oakridge rub, and thanks for helping me out yesterday with my pressure cooker beef stock (followed recipe from petitchef and later discovered it was submitted by you - was a big hit)

Thanks, I'm happy to help.

John

Back