Big thank you to the Brethren...

Wager

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I cooked in my first KCBS comp this weekend at the Shelby, NC Hog Happinin' and thanks to all of you guys and your willingness to share your techniques on chicken I was able to take a 4th place finish.

I've cooked in two other backyard events before and it was pretty amazing to see how organized and well run a KCBS event is. I also met and talked to a ton of really nice people, not sure if there were any of the Brethren at the event, but everyone there seemed extremely nice.

Overall a really fun weekend with great people. i will definitely be trying this again next year.

Congrats! I was there too but ran into some problems and didn't do too well. Had alot of fun though and will def be back.

I was a judge @ Shelby this year. There was some amazing chicken that came across my table! Wish I could say the same for ribs...

Congrats on the chicken call!

thanks guys!

Brownkw, got a 5th in ribs as well as the chicken call. hope you got some of those.

Wish I could say the same for ribs...

I did a different comp this last weekend and our ribs I thought were great but the judges didn't feel the same. I'd be interested to know what if any comments your table or other tables had on their samples, just to get an idea if we're on the same wavelength with the judges.

Back