Mini WSM Appreciation Thread

Here we go, I've joined the club!

IMG_7771.jpg

The good folks from Cajun Bandit came out to Lynchburg TN when Left Hand Smoke was cooking at the Jack Daniels in 2010 and presented me with a Mini Cajun Bandit for the Smokey Joe's-

And I have to say that it is one of my most often used cookers! It is much larger than the Tamale pots and the quality in craftsmanship is what you come to expect from the CB Krewe!

IMG_2786.jpg

IMG_2789.jpg

IMG_2790.jpg

IMG_2788.jpg

IMG_2792.jpg

IMG_2793.jpg

IMG_2804.jpg

Bring it on!

What is the cost on one of those?

Marking the vent! a farking good idea! I was smoking tri tip on mine yesterday and this would help great with consistency.

Too funny I was just thinking that, I looked at that before and did not thinking anything about it but after cooking several times on my mini this weekend and not sitting it on top of my 18" OTS as normal (mmmm bacon wrapped pork around bacon and cheese) I have taken this idea to heart and believe that I am picking up a paint pen this week. I must say that is another DOH! moment for me. Thanks Bludawg!

mini.jpg

finished mine this past weekend. Still have to mount my thermo.

I'm assembling mine tonight, did anyone keep the steamer pot lid?

I'm no engineer, but after I cut out the bottom I was wondering about a double stacked mini WSM.... I put the lid on the bottom, the steamer pot fits nicely upon the lid! So I will cut a hole in the lid to match the second steamer pot bottom hole as use the lid as a support ring for the top pot!

The lid fits the top of the bottom pot very well as it should, and the top pot will cradle right into the top of the lid. A 12 in hole in the lid and the top pot should allow all the heat and smoke up without restriction, so I think I have a plan.....

If you have your lid take a look and see if you agree?

Got mine the way I want it finally, well except for the fancy paint job--- that will come later.

The night I first made it:
496ef3a8.jpg

Did a initial season with mesquite and lump with no meat. Temp gauge was way off so I swapped it with the WSM gauge I had on my Modded ECB--- needless to say I bought another WSM temp gauge on eBay that night! After the seasoning, I smoked wings,sausage, and a couple ABTs(quick smoke didn't have much time).

Cruising right along at 250:
42a74ecd.jpg

Meat on:
b94a4d6c.jpg

Cook done:
e487cf8d.jpg

After reading a bunch about ash build up issues with the SJS, I came up with two different solutions----small pet bowl with holes and I also installed two cents on the side of the SJS base. This way I can use the bottom vent for shorter smokes and grilling and when doing longer smokes I can use the side vents.

10b1df75.jpg

4a471b95.jpg

aa349b94.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344959255.989640.jpg

Finally built mine. I can't wait to cook with it. My buddy and I made ours together and he has already started smoking on his.

Wow, thats a nice build. I actually like the look of the stainless pot though.

Thanks!

I like the look of stainless too, but i cant help but picture an orange and blue mini wsm in honor of my beloved Denver Broncos

rg02, Howdy;

Got mine the way I want it finally, well except for the fancy paint job--- that will come later.

The night I first made it:
496ef3a8.jpg

Did a initial season with mesquite and lump with no meat. Temp gauge was way off so I swapped it with the WSM gauge I had on my Modded ECB--- needless to say I bought another WSM temp gauge on eBay that night! After the seasoning, I smoked wings,sausage, and a couple ABTs(quick smoke didn't have much time).

Cruising right along at 250:
42a74ecd.jpg

Meat on:
b94a4d6c.jpg

Cook done:
e487cf8d.jpg

After reading a bunch about ash build up issues with the SJS, I came up with two different solutions----small pet bowl with holes and I also installed two cents on the side of the SJS base. This way I can use the bottom vent for shorter smokes and grilling and when doing longer smokes I can use the side vents.

10b1df75.jpg

4a471b95.jpg

aa349b94.jpg

Those 2, 3 holed vents you show installed in the next to bottom pic. ...
where in tarnation did ya get those??? :clap:
I wouldn't mind fixin' up the bottom of mine in a similar manner...
Thanks, ...

hank

rg02, Howdy;

Those 2, 3 holed vents you show installed in the next to bottom pic. ...
where in tarnation did ya get those??? :clap:
I wouldn't mind fixin' up the bottom of mine in a similar manner...
Thanks, ...

hank

I had them leftover from modifying my Brinkmann gourmet smoker back in Dec. I purchased them on eBay---- they came in packs of 3 with mounting hardware. I just checked eBay---- didn't see these smaller ones but saw the ones for the 22.5" WSM--- may be a little overkill. You could also make your own from thin aluminum sheeting.

PM sent to ya as well.....

rg02, Howdy;

I had them leftover from modifying my Brinkmann gourmet smoker back in Dec. I purchased them on eBay---- they came in packs of 3 with mounting hardware. I just checked eBay---- didn't see these smaller ones but saw the ones for the 22.5" WSM--- may be a little overkill. You could also make your own from thin aluminum sheeting.

PM sent to ya as well.....

Thanks again for the info. and the PM.
By now you've pro'ly read the PM I sent.

Thanks again,

hank

Howdy All;

I went and ordered a thicker pot;

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Winware-Professional-Aluminum-Quart-Stockpot/dp/B001CHKL3G/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1345079368&sr=8-2&keywords=winware+32+qt.+stock+pot"]Winware Professional Aluminum 32 Quart Stockpot: Amazon.com: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

The walls are 3/16th" an so is the bottom. Lookin' for heat retention
like a thicker walled Horizontal smoker. Also duriability...
Arrived today.
SJS cooking grate fits inside with a wee bit of room to spare. It fit all
the way down to within 1" of the bottom where the radius curves into
the bottom.
Have a set of the Craycort CI grates ordered to be heatsink/ diffuser,
and don't think the ring they sit in will fit but the grates should do well
sitting on thelip I intend to leave. They will also be used for when i just grill a steak or a chickin brest or choose to sit a CI pan on it to cook some eggs and backon for breakfast.
I live (fulltime), in a 5th wheel RV so the Mighty Mini will be called on to do multi-duties.
Promise to keep ya'll in the loop as this comes together...

hank

Last edited:
Back