Cold Weather Makes Me Crave Comfort Food.

This makes me drool.I love clams and clam chowder. What kind of bread is that?

It's just a basic bread recipe.

3 1/2 C flour
1 Tbsp yeast
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp oil
1 1/4 C warm water

Throw it all together in the mixer for a couple of minutes and then knead for a couple of more. Let raise until double, divide into 2 equal portions knead a little more and form into balls. I let these raise under saran for 20 minutes or so and then bake in a 400° oven for 20-25 minute, cool on a wire rack.

Kraut and pork is real soul food. I don't know about you guys but when the weather gets cold up here I really get to cooking. BBQ is my winter comfort food. Back the cars out of the garage, leave the doors open a crack, wheel the cooker in the middle of the floor and I fire up.:thumb:

Mmmm, comfort food:

comfort1.jpg

comfort2.jpg

Cool pics! I wish I could grill out in the snow. I'm sure it gets old, and I do love my California winters, but sometimes I wish we got some snow.

BTW, what cut is that?

Kraut and pork is real soul food. I don't know about you guys but when the weather gets cold up here I really get to cooking. BBQ is my winter comfort food. Back the cars out of the garage, leave the doors open a crack, wheel the cooker in the middle of the floor and I fire up.:thumb:

Kraut and pork? On the smoker? Oh HECK yeah!

1462805_deguerre.jpg

Smoked sausage (smoked again), kraut and apples...

Geez, what a thread! GrillinFool those are some 'tick all the boxes' wonderful examples of comfort food for mine, I love everything I see on this thread too.Chowder, yum!
Those smoked snaggers and apples, oooh yeah!
Our winter is brief and features cold winds and some rain.
Comfort foods at our place are roasts and soups and pasta, mostly.
Winter or summer, potato,leek and bacon soup
Vichysoisse.jpg
gets requested.
Roasts, no greens for the man on primal urge days
Roastvegcabernetgravy.jpg

Pasta is a constant too, but heavier like this in winter
PastaOlivesRiga.jpg

Cool pics! I wish I could grill out in the snow. I'm sure it gets old, and I do love my California winters, but sometimes I wish we got some snow.

BTW, what cut is that?

Q'ing during the winter is the only way I could survive until spring. My FIL once yelled out the back door to inform me that it wasn't white sand I was standing in. :crazy:
The cut was a bone in Boston Butt.

and better yet, comfort beverages!

Anti-freeze :thumb:

Killer grub in this thread! I bought 6lbs of chicken leg quarters today. I may make the gumbo but also have been craving Paul Prudhome's Chicken Sauce Piquant. It's like Cajun style cacciatore.

I tried making chili w/o beans but everyone complained. Seems they want more beans than meat.

Are you sitting down?
My beans only chili recipe gets cleaned out before my beef chili.
I is the only recipe that I like better without meat too so I am a believer now.:redface:

Are you sitting down?
My beans only chili recipe gets cleaned out before my beef chili.
I is the only recipe that I like better without meat too so I am a believer now.:redface:
Funny isn't it? Hey much do pirates pay to get their ears pierced? A buccaneer?

Funny isn't it? Hey much do pirates pay to get their ears pierced? A buccaneer?
Oh groannnn, you aren't English by any chance are you?:razz:
So bad it did make me laugh.:-D

You aren't right but you're 'buccaneer'.

Back