• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Rate my chicken box

Harbormaster

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Hey everyone.

Before y'all look at my pic and rate my chicken turn in from Poor Que on June 11, I have to ask a couple of favors.

First, if you cooked Poor Que and are aware of this particular turn in, please don't comment.

Second, my son took the pic, so the color quality is a little off, but it doesn't really matter so please forgive me.

So, give me your appearance scores for my Poor Que chikin turn-in:

sheecone.jpg

Nice fatties, not sure I would have known it was chicken...a 7.

I realize you did not ask for any advice, but maybe fan them on a bias so I know its chicken...I am assuming that is a breast, most unnatural looking breast I have ever seen.

A firm 7. First thought is - what do we have here- just does not jump out as chicken. Nice idea though as good juicy breast meat should score high. CBJ 53995

Nice fatties, not sure I would have known it was chicken...a 7.

I realize you did not ask for any advice, but maybe fan them on a bias so I know its chicken...I am assuming that is a breast, most unnatural looking breast I have ever seen.

Nice comment, I hope you never judge at a table my entries land on.

I am not bagging on anyone's entry since everyone should know who this is (and I think personally it's pretty good), but you're going to tell me these thighs look "natural?" Why don't you score these for us?

Attachments

• chicken.jpg
    chicken.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 557
I like your creativity. Your symmetry is good. Fairly even coloring. Centered well for "picture" effect. Nice greens, well placed and fluffed. A solid 8.

I like your creativity. Your symmetry is good. Fairly even coloring. Centered well for "picture" effect. Nice greens, well placed and fluffed. A solid 8.

I agree with Hub above. I'm borderline 7 or 8. There's definitely a non-chicken thing going on about it, but otherwise nice appetizing color.

I'd give it an 8. If you could sqeeze a third breast in there to really fill out the box that would help. Also, the color is nice but a bit monochromatic. If the skin had more color of its own, that would look even nicer. Looks tasty though, good job.

The bottom right corner of the breast looks like the sauce ran over a bit on to your greens, it would have been an 9 but now I have to give you a 7. HAHA just kidding. Those look awesome!!

OK guys, I can't edit the OP, so here is a pic with corrected color in it.

Maybe now y'all can tell it's chikin.

sheecone-1.jpg

Clark,

I think the chicken looks "really good".
I would like to try it, for sure.

Keeping the slices together should help keep it moist.
I would really like to see a slice from the side. I will bet it would be beautiful, but would dry out faster.

Good concept.

TIM

I think it looks good, nice color and shine. It is a little different looking, they must have been large size breasts to pull to that shape. I would probably be solid at 8.

I'd give it an 8. If you could sqeeze a third breast in there to really fill out the box that would help. Also, the color is nice but a bit monochromatic. If the skin had more color of its own, that would look even nicer. Looks tasty though, good job.

What they said. :thumb:

i like it. 7-8 for me. More care on the sauce would be a solid 8.
now to see if you kept it moist :)

Back