Warsaw MO Comp - May 16-17

KC_Bobby

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
We're looking to replace Platte City due to it being on Mother's Day weekend. Has anyone competed in the Warsaw Osage River Bottoms comp before? If so, how's the site and organization?

Small comp of 30 teams max, so if it's decent I want to get our entry in.

thanks

Warsaw

It is OK. It is set up near a bar that usually has entertainment Fri. nite. The draw back is that it is far to drive and the pay outs are low.
Eric

The drive to Warsaw is nothing. Driving to Dubuque for a comp is long, not looking forward to that drive.

Bobby come to Lawerence Mothers day weekend. I am sure it will be a good time.

Is school still in session? :biggrin:

Don't tempt me, I just might.

Warsaw

We have always had a good time at the lawrence contest. It is well ran with good competition.
Eric

Bob I think you need to come and cook the Polar Swine for your other cook!

I don't think my brother will go for that (Polar Swine), but if someone wants to team up - let me know.

We've been fans of Warsaw, regardless of the payout and the fact ribbons are cheesy/cheap. I go down Thursday after work and get in a couple of hours crappie fishing that night and another 2-3 hours on Friday morning before setting up for the contest. However, with the move to May this year, I'm thinking we're not going to be able to make it to Warsaw.

With the move to May we will be able to attend this contest. Since we live only about 20 min away this is a must do, come on down and join us Bobby. I know a good bartender.

It's a go for us. Just wanted some input on it before sending in the money.

Are the spots fairly level or are we on a hill? Grass or hard surface?

Rollcall?

We'll try to pull out of KC around 10:30 and get there around shortly after noon.

If you are looking for a KCBS qualifier I would call Cliff to be sure there are at least 25 teams. Last year there were a couple of "BAR" teams to make it a qualifier. Oh and one later entry that didn't get there until Saturday morning...of ciuse they won the whole thing. The same team also won the Royal

If I cook it will be a last minute decision do to the timing of the event, will be leaving for GAB Thursday after and have a lot to do before I can leave. I will be there Friday sometime for a few cold drinks, I'll look you up Bobby.

Payouts wouldn't even cover gas for us!! It is the undisputed " Home Of The Cheesy Ribbons." I know that they were probably out all of 25 cents for the one we got.

I think we'll pass on this one.

Go Bobby, Go Bobby...Way to kick arse in Warsaw!!!!

Congrats buddy!!!

Back