Memphis

Outnumbered

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Heading to Memphis to watch my Cyclones play in the Liberty Bowl. Will have just one full day there, but have the full day to do as we please. Suggestions for BBQ, others are welcome.

Been to Rendezvous and Corky's. Open to more suggestions, but probably won't stray too far from downtown...unless Central BBQ is really THAT good.

Not bbq, but - Gus' Fried Chicken! :whoo:

They've started franchising, so there may be one near you already. We have a couple out this way and they're fantastic. I've been to the one in Memphis a couple times and loved it.

I ate at Central about 15-20 years ago and enjoyed it then, for whatever that's worth...

It's been several years since I ate there but Central BBQ on Central Ave. was good when I ate there. Even got a rack to take home. I've been advised to not go to the other location.

Memphis BBQ Company is my favorite. Although it's not in Memphis, it's in Horn Lake MS, about 20 min south on I-55. And ya gotta go to Gus's.

Memphis BBQ Company in Horn Lake is my favorite.
One and Only BBQ & Central BBQ are tied for second.

Gus's Fried Chicken is a must
Gibson's donuts is as well if you have time

This is basically a home game for Memphis. Hope you're ready!

Seriously though, the Memphis crowd seems pretty humble from what I've seen.

Lamberts is a good call en route. It's quite the experience.

Central BBQ is the only BBQ i've had in Memphis that I've liked so far, and I really liked it.

The BBQ Shop,Memphis BBQ in Horn Lake is pretty good.Interstate BBQ,Payne's BBQ,Cozy Corner,Central is good too.

Back