Menu Change

One other thing I noticed is your Brisket should be a tad bit higher in price.
You are low balling yourself on the price.

I charge 100 bucks for 1 -13 pound (Pre Cooked) brisket, and have had zero complaints on the price. I let the customer know that it takes 15-20 hours to cook, and it will be the most incredible piece of meat that they have ever tasted.

But then again, I am Darth Brisket.

I thought brisket should be higher also. Neil kept saying the cost is about the same, didn't think about the cost of sleep.

One other thing I noticed is your Brisket should be a tad bit higher in price.
You are low balling yourself on the price.

I charge 100 bucks for 1 -13 pound (Pre Cooked) brisket, and have had zero complaints on the price. I let the customer know that it takes 15-20 hours to cook, and it will be the most incredible piece of meat that they have ever tasted.

But then again, I am Darth Brisket.

Must be those rich folks in San Diego.

Its all about the production costs.
I would not be that low on Brisket, at a minimum do 80 bucks. (you should at least 3x your food cost, which should be about 80 bucks)
Unless you dont like money.

I thought brisket should be higher also. Neil kept saying the cost is about the same, didn't think about the cost of sleep.

Need to make your phone number and contact info more prominent - Top of the page where folks will see it and remember. Re do the catering menu. Watch having your vending menu compared to your catering menu, plus it limits flexibility from event to event. My $.02

Ok...I'll be re-working the catering menu tonight. Thanks folks!

And now from Mr. Spelling Checker...marshmallow, not marshmellow. Not a biggie, but it was enough to catch my eye...

That's because I had no social life in high school and developed a keen eye for spelling while all you popular kids were out getting jiggy with it.

Now that I look back, I should have gone to work as a proof reader. Misspellings catch my eye everywhere I look.

I just want to point out the big nipples in yer logo dude if for no other reason than to make trouble...

Seriously, best of luck to you.

Get a pro to do your website. It costs but, it will pay for itself by next summer!

On the home page, under pictures, you should have a photo of each item you are selling. Man I am glad you are too far away to take a swing at me! That will be the last suggestion!:-D

NUTZ

neil I like you added Tri-tip, do you use red oak? If you do let me know I have a friend who goes at least twice a month I could pick some up for you. I will double check the price PM me If you are interested. I have about 6 boxes left

OK, you asked for it:

1. Cut the music on the pictures page. While it's good music, it's rude. I was watching an episode of Torchwood on the other screen ... I like Herbie Hancock. Still ... grrrr.

2. Your catering menu is still way too long. Pages shouldn't scroll much. That one scrolls a long ways.

3. You are using ellipses on your pages. That's why people are seeing "?" rather than "...". I'd suggest getting away from those anyway.

4. Put your content info at the top where it belongs.

5. Rename your pictures. The popup windows say "rename this 036.jpg"

6. Speaking of pictures, post the phone numbers and names of the lovely waitresses in 034.jpg.

7. Your food looks amazing. Put the close-ups of it first in the list of pictures so that we can see that easily. It's not obvious. Honestly, I'd move away from that image viewing application and just toss up simple pictures. Make it easy for the average web viewer to come to your site and see stuff.

8. LABEL THE PICTURES ... Things like "BigMista's Brisket" ... many folks won't even know what it is. Help them understand what it is they want to buy from you.

9. PM me the recipe for that amazing looking mac-and-cheese.

10. Your competition pictures are great. In fact, that's how your other pictures really should be. Again, make it very easy to view.

11. Listen to the person who said hire a pro. It's really the best way to go. Just make sure you see a reasonable portfolio.

I caught the "prices incude tax"
You are getting there!

I see you fixed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back