Digital Grill Thermometer

Cack

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I have a digital meat thermometer, but can't seem to find one to tell the heat of the grill. I don't feel like the gauge on the front is very accurate, so I'm looking for something new.

I've seen them used on TV where you can hook them on a rack, but have no clue where to find one

Thanks

You can also find the Maverick E-73 (model before the E-732) for about $30 on amazon. If distance isnt a concern, from what I;ve read it seems to be the same thermometer as the 732 for half the price.

Maverick E-73 works pretty good for a grate themometer. I had one that got broke but the thermo was still good, so I use one themo on the gate (stick it through a potato) then the other is in the meat. Once my grate gets where I want it I disconnect the grate thermo and plug the meat thermo in the E-73. Works for me, I should just buy the E-732. But then what fun would that be. :crazy:

Go to Amazon, sign up for the Amazon Prime credit cart and get $30.00 your 1st purchase you can get a digital thermometer for only a couple bucks. And nobody says you ever have to use the card.

How do you "set up" the probe in the smoker to get your temp? Is there a hook or something?

For telling the temperature at food level, some people stick it through a small onion or potato. I drilled a small hole in a chunk of hickory and just stand it up on the rack with that. I try to set it so it doesn't contact the metal grate or the food.
I picked up a couple of remote thermometers at Wally World on sale for $16 each.

+1 for the ET-732 and +1 for 5-0 BBQ and the BBQ Equipment store. Super fast shipping and GREAT customer service. I ordered 2 ET-732's and they were at my house in like thre or four days, one of those days was sunday.

+2. I ordered mine from BBQ Equipment Store. I love the thermometer and had a great experience with them as well.

How do you "set up" the probe in the smoker to get your temp? Is there a hook or something?
Temp probe on mine is attatched to an aligator clip. I can clip it right to the grate anywhere I want.

I need a grate/smoker box thermometer as well as a meat thermometer. Can you recommend? I assume I need both due to the fact that my door temp probe is not accurate. Thanks.
The ET-732 should work for you.

Back