BBQ Capital Cookoff, Lexington, NC - April, 2011

Smoke'n Ice

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Mod's I'm not sure where to put it.
Smoke'n Ice is the first contestant registered for the 1st BBQ Capital Cookoff in Lexington (My home town), North Carolina in April, 2011. A little "smack talk", we aim to be the 1st champion as well. Now that is a goal worth making a New Years resolution for. LOL. I'm reminded of a "snow balls chance in hell" but who knows, we may be the only competitors and assured of the 1st place.

I know it is politically incorrect but wish all of the brethren a "Merry Christmas and a Happy New Years." See y'all in the new year.

Mack & Sharon Yarbrough
Smoke'n Ice BBQ Team
Maudee's Cafe
Dallas, TX

To bad its being held in Oklahoma or the best you could get is 3rd place (inside joke).:cool:

Look forward to meeting you there.

BTW: I'm winning it.....

Make sure to stop by Tom. Always glad to make new BBQ friends.

I'm looking forward to meeting both you (Smoke'n Ice) and Finney. But not until AFTER the competition, as I will be judging it.

Good luck to you both!!!

I'm hoping to be judging this contest as well. If not, I may venture on up anyways...

I hear Scotty (Cancer Sucks Chicago) is heading down for this one. He won an entry at the KCBS banquet.

well crap. I better get rid of this free entry I have, if I don't have any chance of winning... :becky:

And for the record. I am not changing a thing with my BBQ. If I win, I'll look great, if I don't those damn judges don't know how to judge good BBQ will be my theme! :thumb:

North Carolina will be our 30th state that we have competed. Only another 21 to go... (I count DC as a state for this purpose).

I wish I was heading back to Carolina early enough for this one, but, I guess that I will have to sit it out........but, I will be back in time hopefully for the Eastern Carolina Throwdown......that one is a destination contest.....but, the organizers have put a lot of effort into building up the Lexington contest....

Rob just jump on a plane and borrow some equipment.

Scottie, look forward to meeting you.

You know the week before is Kings Mountain which is 70 miles south and west, then Lexington, and then the eastern NC contest which is 200 miles to the east. Make a good 3 weekends in a row for great contests and food. I'm serously considering doing the Kings Mountain, the only other time I was there, took a 1 pork, and then spending the week visiting family and friends from long ago before the Lexington contest. See ya'll there.

Rob we can discuss options in a few weeks. Will haul junk down there for you or you can cook with me.

well crap. I better get rid of this free entry I have, if I don't have any chance of winning... :becky:

And for the record. I am not changing a thing with my BBQ. If I win, I'll look great, if I don't those damn judges don't know how to judge good BBQ will be my theme! :thumb:

North Carolina will be our 30th state that we have competed. Only another 21 to go... (I count DC as a state for this purpose).

Scottie,
Ya gotta understand, I took out an ad in the lexington dispatch and told all my friends how to identify and score my bbq entries. I showed them a white box with a bed of parsley and the meat neatly arranged on top. I think that will be enough for them to id mine and make me the GC :becky:

I was just looking at the folks registered and I guess there aren't very many cooks in North and South Carolina. Got a yankee, a Texan, several Old Diminion folk and a very few Tar Hells. Looks like us furniers are gonna have a walk in the park:boxing::heh:

I was just looking at the folks registered and I guess there aren't very many cooks in North and South Carolina. Got a yankee, a Texan, several Old Diminion folk and a very few Tar Hells. Looks like us furniers are gonna have a walk in the park:boxing::heh:

Bottom feeder:p

Hey All-Y'all, I'm looking forward to meeting ALL of you! This will be my wife's first KCBS contest to judge (she's got a long way to catch up with me!). We'll definitely try to look all-y'all up after the judging!:-D

I'll be the judge with the BBQ Brethren pins on my hat (amongst all the other pins!).

GOOD LUCK TO ONE AND ALL!!!:thumb:

He is isn't he!!! :becky:

It will be state #30 for me...
No more, no less :cool:
Looking forward to taking you to some of my favorite BBQ places in Lexington. Don't worry, I know and/or am related to most of the folks that will be judging :becky:

Hey Mack can you tell them all that good pork doesnt need to be pulled and smeared with vinegar? ;)

Scottie, You can order it sliced, or chopped - not pulled (that's a KCBS thang). The sauce is optional. The best part is the hushpuppies,slaw and cheap white buns. Don't forget the cheerwine or Sweet Tea.

Back